Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe today?????

Blog Entries

Joe today?????

I am curious what everyone thought about Joe's performance today. This strikes me as one of those games where he is going to get torn up by those who did not see the game, and it will be one of the games the haters continue to bring up in the future.

I thought he played reasonably well all things considered.

The O- line was deplorable. Can't wait to see Filmstudy's grades on this one. I (and the announcers) saw a lot of drops today.

Thoughts??

Blog Entries

Re: Joe today?????

I thought he was one of the best players on the team today, aside from the pick. No protection and a lot of dropped passes. His 16 yd run was clutch too.

His stats aren't strong but the defense was on the field all day while he sat on the bench.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    The INT was a bad throw.

Other than that he was money. He cant help the 6 dropped passes or getting butt raped by Justin Houston and Tamba Hali all day.

It wasnt pretty, but he made some great throws and made a majorly clutch run on a 3rd and 15.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Eh, I don't think he played well. Not one of his better games obviously

He didn't get much help at all though.

Blog Entries

INT was a bad decision to throw that late. A couple of times he held on to the ball too long and took sacks, other than that he had bugger all time and was not getting help from the receivers. Bad day for the o.

He faced alot of pressure and had some drops. He was a little off. Still I didn't see anything to worry too much about from Joe himself.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Eh, I don't think he played well. Not one of his better games obviously

He didn't get much help at all though.
    It's hard to play well when the tackles struggled to protect him. His receivers dropped numerous passes that could have been big gainers and the one to Leach would've gotten them to at least the 2. It also didn't help that his OC refused to call Ray's number given the tackles struggles and the environment. His pick was all his fault because he locked onto to Boldin so all Flowers basically sat on the route.

Joe is going to throw 1-2 bad passes per game so we have to live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The INT was a bad throw.
    Not so much a bad throw, but a very poor decision. It's one of the worst things a QB can do, throwing the ball out like that with the DB ready to jump the route. Not to beat a dead horse, but he has to know better, as he's been burned on that very thing several times in the past, and got lucky several more times.

He definitely needs to make better decisions when it comes to those types of patterns.

Blog Entries

Joe held on to the ball way too long. The receivers dropped too many balls. The o-line looked okay on 1st and 2nd downs but sucked on 3rd downs. Ray Rice was the only offensive player who seemed to have a good game. The rest must have had way too much time off because they all looked rusty.

Blog Entries

Joe had some questionable throws today and a couple of plays where he should have gotten rid of the ball sooner. He wasn't great but I don't think he was terrible. The receivers didn't really do him any favors today. I won't mention the OL because it's been that way all season. He needs to adjust to it or he's going to take a beating every week.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post

Not so much a bad throw, but a very poor decision. It's one of the worst things a QB can do, throwing the ball out like that with the DB ready to jump the route. Not to beat a dead horse, but he has to know better, as he's been burned on that very thing several times in the past, and got lucky several more times.

He definitely needs to make better decisions when it comes to those types of patterns.
    I say bad throw because he threw it behind Boldin. Flowers made a great read and reacted perfectly, but had Joe put that ball out in front more then Boldin may have at least been able to box out Flowers a bit so he couldnt make a play on it.

Blog Entries
    I am still dumbfounded at how tough it is for these receivers to consistently get open.

That -IMO - is one of the biggest issues on this team.