Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: FILMSTUDY: O-Line Grades at the Quarter Pole by player

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    that would concurr with my opinion and reasoning. It msay sound negative to some, but to me it is positive as I see it as a chance we can be better then we already are, which is one of the best teams inthe league.
    I wantus to be THE BEST team in the league in February.
    how dare you propose a solution to the problem you are being so negative about! coaching staffs are always perfect and never put out a poor lineup. never, ever happened before. how dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I wantus to be THE BEST team in the league in February.
    I want a Lombardi, not some arbitrary meaningless title. I trust the coaching staff to make the decisions necessary to put us in the best position for that to happen.

The team was I'm sure running a lot of no huddle at practice and TC and McKinnie just wasn't keeping up.

Harewood has fought the injury bug his entire career. Maybe they felt comfortable enough with his play that they wanted him to rest and be fully healthy for the start of the season. Hence not playing him pre-season.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    we are in a win now mode, mckinnie and oher should be the tackles
    But dont you think the coaches - who are evaluating every play/player every week - ARE fielding the unit they feel gives this team the best chances to win?

To claim otherwise is absurd. No coach is going into a season saying they are going to jeopardize this season to give young guys experience for the next season, which is exactly what some of you are insinuating.

Do you honestly believe Harbs sits in meetings with the coaching staff, Ozzie, and Bisciotti and goes "well fellas, we could probably field a better team than what we are right now, but gosh darnit...we really need to get KO, Harewood, and Oher ready for the 2013 season."

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I guess Rob Long isn't a Ravens fan because he said Oher is down right puzzling. Then Vinnie explained it.

He said he was beat for that sack on an in and twist move. Oher falls for it all the itme and he has been drilled to recognize the move in practice and still can't see it coming.

Once Oher moves his shoulders to the inside he's committed and can't move back as the rusher twists and moves around him.

Expect more of the same as teams know this.

Vinny also said KO is a guard. Even KO said that at the press conf when he was drafted so once again, Ravens move someone out of his natural position.

Vinnie said KO doesn't have the foot speed for RT. That's why he's more suited for the inside position of Guard.

He too follows his man to the inside , then the D shoots guys past him on the outside as the line collapses.

Teams know this too so we'll be seeing a lot more of the same.

Now these are professionals like Film Study. Vinnie was a GM but there will be guys who will disagree with him and Film but that's what message boards are for but I'm gonna listen to the pros.

I guess Rob just isn't a Ravens fan.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-08-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see them work in Williams instead of Harewood. Think everyone was shocked when that was the starting lineup, and now we see rightfully so.

Oher is well, Oher. Everyone and their mother who scouts and grades and gts pai for this kind of thing has said he's a RT. He's over at LT because McKinnie is just that bad, or has shown to be to the coaches. What we do next year is anyone guess. I wouldn't mind resigning him at moving him back to RT, Taking KO whom everyone has said is a G and put him at LG. Than you're looking for a LT, might be a second round focus point.

Birk, well I just don't know. I honestly haven't seen him play THAT bad. Sure he's missed some blocks and allowed some pressue inside against bigger stronger DT's but it hasn't been nearly asbad as I thought it would be. That being said thank goodness we have Gradkowski just in case and for next year.

All in all I trust in the coaching staff, and if the lowest amount of time in the pocket in the league doesn't make them think there needs to be changes than so be it. BUT I bet we see some. There not just gonna sit back and let it continue when they have other options.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I guess Rob Long isn't a Ravens fan because he said Oher is down right puzzling. Then Vinnie explained it.

He said he was beat for that sack on an in and twist move. Oher falls for it all the itme and he has been drilled to recognize the move in practice and still can't see it coming.

Once Oher moves his shoulders to the inside he's committed and can't move back as the rusher twists and moves around him.

Vinny also said KO is a guard. Even KO said that at the press conf when he was drafted so once again, Ravens move someone out of his natural position.

Vinnie said KO doesn't have the foot speed for RT. That's why he's more suited for the inside position of Guard.

He too follows his man to the inside , then the D shoots guys past him on the outside as the line collapses.

Now these are professionals like Film Study. Vinnie was a GM but there will be guys who will disagree with him and Film but that's what message boards are for but I'm gonna listen to the pros.

its funny how people are in denial about our offensive line issues

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    its funny how people are in denial about our offensive line issues
    Then I guess you are willing to claim that the entire coaching staff, front office, and owner are in denial too, huh?

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Then I guess you are willing to claim that the entire coaching staff, front office, and owner are in denial too, huh?
    dont be in denial, first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem....read FilmStudy notes on the 0-line thru 4 game, then rewatch the game, then get back to me...if you still think there is no problem then we will agree do disagree

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    dont be in denial, first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem....read FilmStudy notes on the 0-line thru 4 game, then rewatch the game, then get back to me...if you still think there is no problem then we will agree do disagree
    You didn't answer my question at all.

If you're claiming that folks on here who think that there is no problem with the OL (which you'd be hard pressed to find...if any at all...even the most unabashed coaching staff supporters clearly see there are problems) are completely in denial, then you must be also claiming that the coaching staff is in denial because they're the ones who put together the roster, depth chart, and field the team each week.

Sack up dude. If you're claiming fans are in denial...then claim that the coaching staff is in denial too.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

I stopped reading at "Vinnie explained"

How or why should anyone take that idiot seriously? Might as well listen to Matt Millen explain how to build a team.

I was in the Mckinnie, KO, Birk, Yanda and Oher camp before preseason...i became catiously optimistic about Oher, Harewood, Birk, Yanda and KO. My corncern was the inconsistency and shorter arms of Oher but he did look solid in preseason, unfortuanately he's looked vulnerable in the regular season and Harewood and Birk seem to never allow Joe to climb the pocket cleanly(which i think is huge as far as the effeciency of our short to intermediate passing game). KO has been up and down but i think more up then down and his struggles at times are certainly understandable being a rookie. Harewood was a shocker to everyone and his play imo has just been below average.

At the end of they day the coaching staff sees these guys everyday and im willing to ride with whatever they decide but the fact that Oher has played more RT then LT and KO had preseason reps at G makes me feel like the transition to Mckinnie, KO, Birk, Yanda, Oher would be a smoother one if that indeed is the move that needs to be made. Idk if Mckinnie will do any better then Oher but i think as far as pass blocking is concerned it'll be at least a wash. Problem is Mckinnie doesnt get after it in the run game like Oher does. I think KO at LG over Harewood is a big upgrade.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    You didn't answer my question at all.

If you're claiming that folks on here who think that there is no problem with the OL (which you'd be hard pressed to find...if any at all...even the most unabashed coaching staff supporters clearly see there are problems) are completely in denial, then you must be also claiming that the coaching staff is in denial because they're the ones who put together the roster, depth chart, and field the team each week.

Sack up dude. If you're claiming fans are in denial...then claim that the coaching staff is in denial too.

you go it, everyone is in denial...did you do your hw yet?