Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank the Refs

Thank the Refs

Sorry if this is posted anywhere else, but the refs cut us a huge break today. Those 2 offensive PI calls were debatable, but that was for sure a fumble by Flacco. We should also thank the chiefs total ineptitude.

Re: Thank the Refs

No they weren't. You cannot bump a defender like that, it's called an illegal pick. The only reason the Chiefs did it is because they got away with it with the replacement refs.

Blog Entries
    :grbac:

Gtfo.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

it's Cam's fault

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

[Robert Downey Junior]Never go full retard.[/Robert Downey Junior]
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravennation123 View Post
    Sorry if this is posted anywhere else, but the refs cut us a huge break today. Those 2 offensive PI calls were debatable, but that was for sure a fumble by Flacco. We should also thank the chiefs total ineptitude.
    The PI calls on the Chiefs were correct. They hit the DB, you can't do that. If the DB had done the same thing to them, you'd expect a flag.

For Flacco's "fumble", whatever. I didn't see a clear shot that says he wasn't down and either way his forward progress was stopped, which means the play was dead. Just because someone decides to come and swat the ball out doesn't make it a legit play.

Blog Entries

Those were clear illegal picks. Dan Fouts called them before the flag was even thrown.

Blog Entries
    Flacco's fumble may have been a fumble, but the refs blew the whistle before he fumbled because he stopped any forward progress. That is standard procedure.

As soon as they blew the whistle the play was over.

Blog Entries

Before jumping on the guys case, let's ask ourselves this: what if Flacco was Roethlisberger and the Chiefs D was ours and the same play happened...what would you think then?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Before jumping on the guys case, let's ask ourselves this: what if Flacco was Roethlisberger and the Chiefs D was ours and the same play happened...what would you think then?
    Would it matter? They blew the play dead.

Blog Entries

They would still be illegal picks. Those were designed plays. It's not like Flacco, or in the case Casell, caused it. Blame the OC who should have known better.

That the rules regarding "in the grasp" and "forward progress" are clear and well defined and while unfortunate for the defense, correctly called.

This isn't a controversial decision by the refs. Even the fans at the game didn't bother booing it.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron