Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESPN Insider: Flacco's MVP Case

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...-mvp-candidate

Joe Flacco has been the subject of criticism throughout his young NFL career. He was targeted last season in the playoffs, and even as recently as last week, but a closer look at the data shows that Flacco could be emerging as a legitimate MVP candidate in 2012.

... or become an Insider today

1 Year Membership - $3.33 a month

Includes a 1 YEAR subscription to ESPN The Magazine - Over 50% off the monthly price!
    2 Year Membership - $2.50 a month

Includes a 2 YEAR subscription to ESPN The Magazine - Over 63% off the monthly price!
    Monthly Membership - $7.95 a month
    I googled the article to see if anyone had posted it and found it on a Falcons Board (big surprise there)

I thought the most interesting part was about the passing game setting up the run game and Flacco having less time to work with in the pocket but having more success.
    Last edited by Mista T; 10-04-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: cannot post copywrighted material

Blog Entries

Re: ESPN Insider: Flacco's MVP Case

Good find man. Was watching NFL AM the other morning, and they didn't I was suprised that none of them mentioned Flacco at this point in the season considering one of them mentioned Schaub.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Good article. Except there are two types where it uses the word "meow" instead of "now", LOL.

Very nice... I think Joe will continue to get better as the season goes on.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Good article. Except there are two types where it uses the word "meow" instead of "now", LOL.
    Did you see the Falcons' Thomas Decoud give the "meow" interview on Sportscenter earlier this week? I think he's playing along with that. The whole "meow" game was made (semi-) famous in the movie Super Troopers.

http://deadspin.com/5947408?utm_camp...ium=socialflow

Way too early to start talking MVP. Get back to me in week 10. Flacco is on pace for it though. He just needs to keep it up and the Ravens have to be one of the teams with the best record. Be nice to see Ray Rice get OPY too.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Please let the Ravens win the Super Bowl this season, and regardless of what post-season honors Flacco, Rice et al receive, I'll be glad to pull a Mel Gibson Braveheart Dingleberry Dangle to the NFL!

So Flacco is 12th in passing yards/game, and 20th in passing touchdowns/game.

The MVP watch continues....

And your point for rehashing this old thread is?????

Flacco will never be MVP. Nor will he have 'Elite' Fantasy Football QB stats. But one thing I know is Flacco is the main reason why the Ravens are 5-1....the one and only stat to me that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    And your point for rehashing this old thread is?????

Flacco will never be MVP. Nor will he have 'Elite' Fantasy Football QB stats. But one thing I know is Flacco is the main reason why the Ravens are 5-1....the one and only stat to me that matters.
    :word

Amen, brother...agree 100%!!

Blog Entries

I think that they will lose against Houston, but if Flacco leads them to victory it will go along way in regards to the MVP talk.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think that they will lose against Houston, but if Flacco leads them to victory it will go along way in regards to the MVP talk.
    Very good point.

Our defense sure as hell ain't gonna stop that group.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh