Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 1st Presidential Debate....what did you think?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Seriously?

If lets say (for example) in 2008 100,000,000 people have jobs in 2009 99,500,000 people have jobs and in 2012 99,950,000 people have jobs - nothing has been created, we still have not recouped all the jobs that were lost.

I'm not trying to be condescending here, you have got to be smart enough to see that is not creating anything.
    It's Galin, so no, he's probably not.

I didn't get to watch the debate but I've read a lot about it and it's clear Mitt won. I read the fact checks and while both made a few errors, it's pretty clear Obama made the bigger missteps.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Seriously?

If lets say (for example) in 2008 100,000,000 people have jobs in 2009 99,500,000 people have jobs and in 2012 99,950,000 people have jobs - nothing has been created, we still have not recouped all the jobs that were lost.

I'm not trying to be condescending here, you have got to be smart enough to see that is not creating anything.
    You're not understanding the semantics of the phrasing. Let me put in in another way.

If you were to manufacture 500 tractors, and at the same time 500 tractors were destroyed, you have both created 500 tractors, and lost 500 tractors.

So when Obama says 5 million jobs have been created, that is still 100% accurate. You are looking at net gains, which is completely different from actual creation.

Also, I am not Galin. If you look back, we were posting simultaneously at one point.

As far as insults, there was a thread not too long ago where the members of this board basically decided that fact check sites are completely biased and not to be trusted (unless of course they're conservative slanted). I'm just restating the opinion of the people here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    You're not understanding the semantics of the phrasing. Let me put in in another way.

If you were to manufacture 500 tractors, and at the same time 500 tractors were destroyed, you have both created 500 tractors, and lost 500 tractors.

So when Obama says 5 million jobs have been created, that is still 100% accurate. You are looking at net gains, which is completely different from actual creation.
    This is just nonsense. Let's run with your analogy for a second.

If you had 500 tractors bought by farmers and a tornado wiped them all out and the farmers came back to by 500 tractors, you didn't have any new people buy tractors you just replaced them.

That's not growing, you need to sell NEW tractors.

Who said anything about growth? You're missing the fundamental point here. In the exact example you gave me, the 500 tractors that they bought the second time are still new tractors. They were still created, even though the original 500 were destroyed. The new jobs aren't magically old just because we lost other ones. If you can't understand that point, there's no point in arguing. Creation and net gain are two different things. I even pointed out that we lost the same number as we gained. But that still doesn't change the fact that we created jobs.

What Obama said is completely true, if misleading.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

This is crazy. Really, you're example is nonsense because hiring someone is not the same as building a tractor, if someone's tractor blows up, they didn't come back and get a new one because they wanted to, they were just replacing. what. was. lost.

Let's use a more realistic example. I worked at a company in 2009 that employed 1,200 people they laid off about 300, 3 years later they have 1,200 again. Nothing was created, they brought back what they already had.

For something to be created, it has to be something that was not there before.

Are these the exact same jobs that were lost? Did we literally just cut a job and then reinstate it? 5 million new jobs were created. 5 million old jobs were lost. I don't see why this is so hard to get.

Our net gain was 0. Our jobs lost was 5 million. Our jobs CREATED was 5 million.

Blog Entries

IT"S NOT NEW IF YOU DIDN'T GAIN ANY JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly you just don't understand what created means. So yeah this is a pointless argument.

Blog Entries

Yup, it's me who doesn't understand created.

BTW- the company I worked for in 2009 hired people for the exact same positions they cut.

Blog Entries

The radio just said 68% believed Mitt is now the stronger leader of the two.

It also said 48% say Mitt is now likeable. That is one of the things that kept the
    polls so close. People bought off that they didn't know Mitt and he didn't connect
    to the middle class because he was rich but last night he turned it around as
    likeable and the stronger leader.

Even OBYs own people are saying that except CNN's Wolf who said his own poll
    was over-stated.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-04-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Even CNN said the 5 million number was not accurate. 4.2 million was about it. So that was a lie on Obama's side.

And we are still above 8% unemployment so where are all the new jobs?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

CNN is a liberal rag. At least they're saying
    its not 5M but the 4.2M is still wrong. Its
    more like 125,000. That's it.

See NCs posts. 0x0=0.

The Prez didn't make mistakes. He flat out lied like on
    the jobs numbers and the panels or board in OBAMA CARE.

He has to lie. He has nothing to run on. He can't debate the
    points. That's why he got so flustered and edgy even with
    the veteran moderator/MC and all the
    attacks on Mitt and Bain, to deflect what he has done which is
    nothing.

The country finally caught on what we've been saying all summer.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 10-04-2012 at 05:57 PM.