Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Rangers just had one of the greatest collapses in mlb history. The opportunity is there for the O's to get past them.
    This. The Rangers have been there before, so IMO their collapse should be more alarming than the O's struggles against the Rays.

I also think if you had to pick a manager for one game you'd have to go with Buck. I like our chances in the play-in game.

Blog Entries

Re: O's v. Rays Game Thread -- Why? Because its 15 yrs in the Making!

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    I like our chances in the play-in game.
    Let's see--a team that won 5 of 7 games against "us" this season, including outscoring "us" by a combined 13 runs in two games last August, starting Yu Darvish, who is 4-0 with a 1.86 ERA over his last seven starts--versus either a rookie with a sore knee (Johnson) or a retread with a 9.38 ERA in six games in Arlington, & a lineup that suddenly can't find its bats with both hands.

Yup, like those odds all right . Hope you don't gamble with the kids' milk money.

FWIW, that pathetic performance in Tampa combined with the A's sweep of the Rangers probably cost Buck any chance at AL Manager of the Year.

Hope you enjoyed this season, because there's very little chance the O's repeat it. Showalter's teams historically peak in his second full year & tank thereafter. And they aren't going 29-9 in 1-run games and 16-2 in extra innings again. It's ten minutes past midnight in the fairytale, Cindy's scrubbing floors, & the prince ain't showing up with the glass slipper anytime soon, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Let's see--a team that won 5 of 7 games against "us" this season, including outscoring "us" by a combined 13 runs in two games last August, starting Yu Darvish, who is 4-0 with a 1.86 ERA over his last seven starts--versus either a rookie with a sore knee (Johnson) or a retread with a 9.38 ERA in six games in Arlington, & a lineup that suddenly can't find its bats with both hands.

Yup, like those odds all right . Hope you don't gamble with the kids' milk money.

FWIW, that pathetic performance in Tampa combined with the A's sweep of the Rangers probably cost Buck any chance at AL Manager of the Year.

Hope you enjoyed this season, because there's very little chance the O's repeat it. Showalter's teams historically peak in his second full year & tank thereafter. And they aren't going 29-9 in 1-run games and 16-2 in extra innings again. It's ten minutes past midnight in the fairytale, Cindy's scrubbing floors, & the prince ain't showing up with the glass slipper anytime soon, if at all.
    I like your confidence

Its baseball, anyone can grab a one game series. You'd have to be a fool to put money on the O's though, Texas is a much better team.

Its been a good run for the Orioles, a very surprising one at that. But I don't see any playoff games in Baltimore this season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I like your confidence
    Go look up the words confidence, bravado & foolhardiness & get back to us.

I'd love to see them send the Strangers home, but realistically their chances tomorrow night are slim & none, & Slim left his bats at Camden Yards...

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Go look up the words confidence, bravado & foolhardiness & get back to us.

I'd love to see them send the Strangers home, but realistically their chances tomorrow night are slim & none, & Slim left his bats at Camden Yards...
    Don't watch the game then and if they lose feel free to come back here and beat your chest.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Where did the O's bats go? We need hats for bats!
    They ran into the best pitching team in the league, by far, that's what happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Don't watch the game then and if they lose feel free to come back here and beat your chest.
    You've obviously mistaken me for someone who wants the Orioles to lose. People often confuse expressing the probability of a disappointing outcome for wanting that outcome to occur. I take no pleasure in pointing out how long the odds are against the O's & I would be very happy to be proven wrong. I'm just not going to let it break my heart if that doesn't happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    They ran into the best pitching team in the league, by far, that's what happened.
    And they're running into one of the hottest starters in the league on Friday. Not a lot of room for optimism.

Blog Entries

Congrats to O's. Insurance run was sweet. 4-1

Blog Entries

Rangers on the verge of becoming the "Buffalo Bills" of MLB