Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Suggs on Track for Return This Season

eligibility to come off PUP, doesn't mean eligibility to play. Methinks he will not be active for several more weeks after he comes off PUP
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Just feels like a VERY bad idea. Would like to be wrong about this, but his size, and the torque on that tendon makes me very uneasy about rushing him back. Another tear and I'm not sure he comes back from it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Let's make a bet, if Suggs comes back to play by Pittsburgh, you can't post again until 2103. If he doesn't play by Pittsburgh time, I won't post until 2013.
    Fixed that for ya, Cap'n. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    My wife works in the field and has a background familiar with those injuries. Given the time, technology, and Suggs supreme level of athleticism, she believes that Suggs will be ready for Pittsburgh.

Do all the research you like, I know what I have read and she has said and I think Suggs is on schedule to play this year.

Let's make a bet, if Suggs comes back to play by Pittsburgh, you can't post again until 2013. If he doesn't play by Pittsburgh time, I won't post until 2013.
    No athlete, with all their "supreme athleticism and technology" has EVER come back in less than 8 months.

The last time this nonsense came up I challenged anyone to prove otherwise, using all documented history on the internet ( I found about 10 very recent NFL Football cases alone, not to mention all the other sports which puts it in the hundreds I am guessing)...and no one could.

November 18 would be 6.5 months, it aint happening.

An achilles is worse than an ACL, especially for a pass rusher, and people think Adrian Peterson is a God because he came back in 7 months from that injury.

I will gladly take the bet, as long as we qualify him playing more than say 15 snaps, which would pretty much be pass rushing situations only. If he plays less than that and can't hold up to finish the game that does not count.

Enjoy posting while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I bought up how a long jumper returned and won gold at the Olympics in the space of like 4 months after the EXACT same injury as Suggs, a "partial tear". I'm buying what Harbaugh and Suggs are saying. I'm not saying he'll be back for Houston, but I'm saying a return at around the Steelers game is realistic and looking more likely every week.
    And I showed you with a link to the story that that long jumper never had surgery, and how they let it heal on it's own. Apples and oranges, not the same injury. It is all about whether they have to repair with surgery, or not. His was such a minor tear it was allowed to heal by itself with no cutting on him. Go back and look if you don't believe me, you must have missed that post.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I was 35 yd line on the Ravens side,10 rows back.

I saw zero limp and a ton of jumping around.

I'd love to see these reports saying otherwise.
    Here you go, I don't just make shit up.

Samuel Njoku ‏@Ravens_Examiner

Saw Suggs a few minutes ago. Still walking with a noticeable limp. #ravens
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    No athlete, with all their "supreme athleticism and technology" has EVER come back in less than 8 months.

The last time this nonsense came up I challenged anyone to prove otherwise, using all documented history on the internet ( I found about 10 very recent NFL Football cases alone, not to mention all the other sports which puts it in the hundreds I am guessing)...and no one could.

November 18 would be 6.5 months, it aint happening.

An achilles is worse than an ACL, especially for a pass rusher, and people think Adrian Peterson is a God because he came back in 7 months from that injury.

I will gladly take the bet, as long as we qualify him playing more than say 15 snaps, which would pretty much be pass rushing situations only. If he plays less than that and can't hold up to finish the game that does not count.

Enjoy posting while you can.

Totally utterly incorrect, garbage this post is. I've told you before it's been done a lot quicker, you obviously just ignore other people when they prove you wrong. You said the same thing earlier in the summer. You don't know everything, contrary to what you believe.

Alastair Brownlee, the British triathlete that won gold in this summers Olympics, tore his Achilles' tendon fully in march and came back in 3 months to be the best triathlete in the world, bar none.

3 months from a full tear, to be the best in his field.
    Last edited by arnie_uk; 10-03-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Putting in brownlee's first name

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Totally utterly incorrect, garbage this post is. I've told you before it's been done a lot quicker, you obviously just ignore other people when they prove you wrong. You said the same thing earlier in the summer. You don't know everything, contrary to what you believe.

Brownlee, the British triathlete that won gold in this summers Olympics, tore his Achilles' tendon fully in march and came back in 3 months to be the best triathlete in the world, bar none.

3 months from a full tear, to be the best in his field.
    He DID NOT HAVE SURGERY. The tear was MICROSCOPIC and they let it heal on it's own.

Go back and look at that thread I LINKED TO THE ARTICLE.

YOU are the only who doesn't know what the hell you are talking about, so go ahead and look back at that thread and click on the link to his story. Then you can apologize for being so mis informed and wrong.

Oh and anyone who wants to put their money where their big mouths are, step on up. Name your price.

I am trying to get other stuff done I don't have any more time to waste on this garbage, this is about the 5th Suggs thread I have said this in.

Blog Entries

''Terrell had a successful surgical procedure done on his Achilles tendon this afternoon by Dr. Bob Anderson,'' general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ravens-...3225--nfl.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    This article is just more of the same, Suggs claiming he will defy all logic and make a miraculous comeback in a time no athlete has ever done before. Yeah I am sure HE has a (completely unrealistic, wildly optomistic, I am Supreman) date to return. It means nothing.

He isn't coming back week 7...or week 9.....or week 11. Watch.

Late Dec is 8 months from surgery, the fastest any athlete has ever come back from an achilles surgery. EVER. In the history of the world.

You are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment fans.

He is still walking with a noticable limp, per reporters at the Browns game Thurs.
    Rod Woodson shredded his knee week 1 in 1996? and returned later that season to play in the Superbowl. Before he did that coming back from ACL surgery in a mere 5 months was nearly unheard of. I am just saying, miracles do happen.

Blog Entries

I really don't see Suggs coming back til late way late. If he does come back by the houston game ill fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Rod Woodson shredded his knee week 1 in 1996? and returned later that season to play in the Superbowl. Before he did that coming back from ACL surgery in a mere 5 months was nearly unheard of. I am just saying, miracles do happen.
    No miracle has ever happened with an achilles injury, not to a high level athlete. Ever. It is a devastating injury, much worse than ACL. BEST recovery time I found was 8 months (to be back on field playing), usually it is an 8-10 month injury. ACL is like 5-7 months these days.

You see how no one can provide one example? That is because these "miracles" do not exist with this injury. I am sorry, I spent almost an entire day LAST TIME we went over this and KNOW what I am talking about. That is how I KNOW, because I actually spent the time to research it unlike every other person who claims otherwise.

I put up or shut up, but apparently no one else wants to do the same.