Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - It's Armageddon in Jetsland

I will be rooting for the Jets against both the Texans and the Patriots. Come on Rex! Get your team to pull it together!

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Schadenfreude alert.

The Jets doubters were plentiful before this season even started. The heat was on Sanchez with walking publicity stunt Tim Tebow brought in. Bart Scott was fighting people.

And now, with Revis already out for the season, word is Santonio Holmes--their best offensive weapon, who selfishly gifted a TD to the Niners after he injured himself--will be out for weeks. Add to that Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill being banged up, and that is one ragged offense.

Add to THAT that their defense, the one thing they used to be able to hang their hat on, looks below average. I understand that Revis is one of the best defenders in the league, but for a defense to turn to shambles because of his absence? It makes you appreciate that the Ravens D, while NOWHERE near our (very high) standards, has still found a way to make plays without Suggs/any pass rush.

Looks like it might be curtains for the Ryan/Tannenbaum/Sanchez era. The Jets play the Texans next week. Very realistically, Sanchez could be fighting for his job on Sunday. (And after the Texans, it's the Patriots. Ouch.)
    I cant see this ending well for Rex. The offense is a mess and the Defense which is his hallmark already looked to be sliding back prior to losing Revis IMO. Rex is a guy who likes the spotlight on him and thats great when things are going reasonably well (playoff births, winning seasons etc) but not so fun when things start to turn the other way. Combine that with the Jackal like mentality of the NY media and its just a matter of time before Mt St. Ryan blows lol.

That said Rex will be fine. He is colorful so will easily get an analyst job somewhere and numerous teams would love to have a D coordinator with his pedigree.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I think Sanchez can be better than a lot of other folks think, but he just looked awful yesterday. And there is no help from the run game, no help from the so called receivers. To make it worse, the 9ers were running wildcat all over them with Kaepernick while Timmy Tebow sits on the bench.

Honestly that game should've been 40-0 at halftime.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

In order for the Ryan Brothers' defensive scheme to work, a top quality CB is needed to shut off a third of the field. Then, they are able to send their complex blitzes and use bodies to cover the other two thirds of the field. When Rex was in Baltimore, it worked, because he had Chris McAlister. When the CBs were injured in 2007, you saw something similar to what you saw Sunday. His best defensive coaching performance, in my opinion, was in 2008.

Rob Ryan was truly on the up and up in Cleveland, but they didn't have the patience. Now, Dallas has to have the patience, because it takes time to learn the system.

So, once I heard that Revis was down, I sort of had a feeling that things would be bad for the Jets.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

http://forums.theganggreen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Two-thirds of the threads on page 1 are about how bad Sanchez is or whether they should just blow the whole thing up and start to rebuild.

I think they'll have both answers after next Monday night, and I don't think they'll like either one.

And Rex is toast.
    Last edited by moose10101; 10-02-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Re: Sanchez

Bump.

After Sanchez plays the Texans in a few days, he might not even be a starter anymore.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Re: Sanchez

It now sounds like Holmes has a Lisfranc injury and will miss the season. The Jets have been looking at every free agent scrub receiver out there and hope they find something. Why not just move Tebow to WR? The NFL is full of former QBs who played receiver in the NFL. Off the top of my head, Hines Ward, Burt Emmanuel, Matt Jones, Brad Smith, Julian Edelman.

They know Tebow is a great athlete and are in desperate need for a receiver. Turn Tebow into that receiver. It certainly can't hurt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    In order for the Ryan Brothers' defensive scheme to work, a top quality CB is needed to shut off a third of the field. Then, they are able to send their complex blitzes and use bodies to cover the other two thirds of the field. When Rex was in Baltimore, it worked, because he had Chris McAlister. When the CBs were injured in 2007, you saw something similar to what you saw Sunday. His best defensive coaching performance, in my opinion, was in 2008.

Rob Ryan was truly on the up and up in Cleveland, but they didn't have the patience. Now, Dallas has to have the patience, because it takes time to learn the system.

So, once I heard that Revis was down, I sort of had a feeling that things would be bad for the Jets.
    ...but they still have the "best CB in the league".
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

The Jets have been a shit show for a while now, going back to mid year last season.

Lets this be a lesson to those who think having a players coach is ever a good thing.

Blog Entries

Re: Armageddon in Jetsland (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The Jets have been a shit show for a while now, going back to mid year last season.

Lets this be a lesson to those who think having a players coach is ever a good thing.
    It's the personnel there. Bill Walsh would have problems with that group. They have a bad QB, just 1 WR who is now hurt and a poor group of runningbacks. The only place they have any offensive talent is on the offensive line.

if the jayeatteeahs implode and Rex gets booted I'd welcome him back here. no disrespect to Mr. Pees but I think he'd be an upgrade, with maybe a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
    He didn't have a bad run. I think he/they exceeded expectations. last few years they've been about the only team to beat Belichek/Brady multiple times.
    no one else in the AFC Least has a playoff win since something like 1998.

of course, he's not fired yet.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    if the jayeatteeahs implode and Rex gets booted I'd welcome him back here. no disrespect to Mr. Pees but I think he'd be an upgrade, with maybe a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
    He didn't have a bad run. I think he/they exceeded expectations. last few years they've been about the only team to beat Belichek/Brady multiple times.
    no one else in the AFC Least has a playoff win since something like 1998.

of course, he's not fired yet.
    I was just talking about that today, but I'm curious on the relationship he has with Raven's management. He had to be salty on getting passed over for this job just a little and it shows sometimes IMO. His ways rub off on his players. He is however a supreme upgrade to just about anyone out there at D-coordinator.