Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: An early preview of the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    That 2009 games was in Baltimore not KC.
    but the 2010 playoff game WAS in KC. So we did play in a playoff atmosphere in KC and won convincingly.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They are tops in the league in total offensive yardage and rushing yards. We also made Weeden look like a serviceable QB, allowing 300+ yards in the air.

I don't see why folks think this one is going to be a cake walk. It's an away game and against a team that has proved they can be explosive. Charles is coming off a 288 yard performance against a pretty decent Saints run defense, their record not withstanding. Sure, if you stop Charles and Bowe, you stand a good chance at winning.

The problem is it's nowhere near easy as folks think it is, especially considering our pass rush is still on milk cartons.
    While I understand the point you are trying to make there's nothing decent about the saints defense. They are dead last in rushing and total defense and 25th against the pass.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    but the 2010 playoff game WAS in KC. So we did play in a playoff atmosphere in KC and won convincingly.
    no one seems to remember but jamaal was dominating us until mt cody fell on him and he left the game, after that they couldnt run anymore

All of these AFC games, home or away, should be viewed as playoff games anyway, due to the possible down the road implications. I wouldn't sleep on the Chiefs or whatever they've done this year against other teams.

That being said, I say we win because of Flacco and his history of beating teams he is familiar with.

Our defense still gives me reason for doubt, but my offense tells me, we are never really out of a game anymore.

One curious note, that sugar huddle that we run seems to use a lot of vocal audibles. Is that the reason it was sort of nixed in Philly or did Cam/Joe get cute? I'm using that game since that is the only away game we've had so far and we seemed to have kind of got away from many of the things we do well in that game. If so, I would ask, why we don't seem to have a contingency for crowd noise if that is the case. I just don't like to feel like we are limited in away games just because of an outside of the field factor. Thoughts?

While it is a limited body of work here are KC's ranking in terms of both defense and offense

Defense
    Total #16
    Pass # 12
    Run # 23

Offense
    Total #1
    Pass # 16
    Run #1

So the key is making Cassell beat us. I know......be careful what we wish for given our issues especially in the pass defense

Blog Entries

If we think Cassells can't beat us we have another thing coming, up until thursday night weeden look like hot butter shit, then he strolls into Bmore and against our defense had a career night with receivers i cant even remember. CASSELLS scares me death against our 27th rank defense.

After looking at KC numbers a little more I'm going to see if the trends we are seeing with this team continue against San Diego. Their front seven maybe good on paper but they've only gotten to the QB 5 times in 3 games compared to nine times for us. Furthermore their OL has given up 11 sacks compared to our 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    If we think Cassells can't beat us we have another thing coming, up until thursday night weeden look like hot butter shit, then he strolls into Bmore and against our defense had a career night with receivers i cant even remember. CASSELLS scares me death against our 27th rank defense.
    I don't think anyone believes that yet...at least I hope not. We just need to make Cassell throw it and get to him in the process. Thankfully we'll have 10 days to prepare for them

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I don't think anyone believes that yet...at least I hope not. We just need to make Cassell throw it and get to him in the process. Thankfully we'll have 10 days to prepare for them
    pees has to do a better job, i understand not having suggs yave affected what he can possibly do a great deal, but the defense seems so vanilla and predictable, theres no creativity, much like mattisons defense with that middle backer blitz or ray split wide right or left on the blitz, its the same ole, no disguise to his schemes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    pees has to do a better job, i understand not having suggs yave affected what he can possibly do a great deal, but the defense seems so vanilla and predictable, theres no creativity, much like mattisons defense with that middle backer blitz or ray split wide right or left on the blitz, its the same ole, no disguise to his schemes at all.
    Well the good news is that the Ravens would have had 10-11 days to come up with something against the chiefs and just remember that this season is a marathon and not a sprint. It's an old cliche but I'm confident that at some point the ravens troubles on defense will stabilize.I do hope that Suggs tweet of 3 down and 3 to go indicates an early return though

Blog Entries

Well the good news is that the Ravens would have had 10-11 days to come up with something against the chiefs and just remember that this season is a marathon and not a sprint. It's an old cliche but I'm confident that at some point the ravens troubles on defense will stabilize.I do hope that Suggs tweet of 3 down and 3 to go indicates an early return though
    I'm sure hoping so because we NEED Sizzle back in a bad way.

While it is a limited body of work here are KC's ranking in terms of both defense and offense

Offense
    Total #1
    Pass # 16
    Run #1

Defense
    Total #16
    Pass # 12
    Run # 23
    Somewhat misleading (at least on defense) as two teams have all ready played one more game than them and that's based on total yards

Look at points per game,rushing yds per attempt,and passing yards per game.

KC's defense is 28th with 33 points a game.

Rushing defense they give up 4.7 yds per attempt.
    That's 28th in the league.

Passing defense they're 12th with 225 yds per game.

On offense going by points per game they're 17th @ 22.7 pts per game.
    Rushing they're tied for number 1.(with Buffalo @ 5.6)
    Passing they're 16th with 250 yds per game.