Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Justin Houston- Missed Opportunity

I really wanted the Ravens to draft Justin Houston in the 2011 draft. He fell due to character concerns, but is proving to be a tremendous pass-rushing OLB. The Ravens took Kindle and Cody instead of this guy. You can't win them all, but boy could the Ravens use him now.

In the last five games of his rookie season and the first three of this season, Houston has picked up a total of 9.5 sacks. That leaves the 2011 third-round pick tied with Vikings defensive end Jared Allen and Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware for the most in football over that time period.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ustin-houston/

Blog Entries

Re: Justin Houston- Missed Opportunity

A lot of peope liked liked him but he had some character issues that dropped him in the draft but he has done
    well in the pros. YOu're right. We could sure use him.

3. Re: Justin Houston- Missed Opportunity

I really wanted him too. Those picks were actually in 2010. The Ravens took Jimmy Smith and Torrey Smith which were good picks. It would have been nice to have been able to grab him somehow in the early 3rd. Oh well. Our rush will look a lot better once these guys get going and Suggs gets back.

Blog Entries

Your going to get The Excellector all riled up. That was his guys from the beginning. Ex said he'd be a good one and so far it looks like he was right.

For the record, I didn't like him that much especially when he was thought of as a 1st round pick. The guy wanted who also turned out pretty good was Navarro Bowman who was in the draft the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I really wanted the Ravens to draft Justin Houston in the 2011 draft. He fell due to character concerns, but is proving to be a tremendous pass-rushing OLB. The Ravens took Kindle and Cody instead of this guy. You can't win them all, but boy could the Ravens use him now.
    How much is attributed to tamba hali? Granted we have a better front so he could be doing even better here.

Their front 7 scare me a bit

I really liked him too and was pretty disappointed we didn't take a shot at him. Especially since at the time, I wasn't aware of the drug stuff.

I can't be mad though that we took Jimmy and Torrey with the 2 picks we had before KC took him.

I prefer Torrey Smith. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Yea obviously Houston would look great in Ravens purple but just about any draft you can go back at a few picks and think about what could have been.

Thinking ahead to next years draft we need a pass rusher, MLB, S, C and maybe a T .... every teams gonna have holes or weaker spots.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I prefer Torrey Smith. Thanks.
    Houston was taken in the third round.

Just think how other teams felt when they passed up players Webb, Rice, Ngata, Suggs, Lewis, and Reed for the current generation of UPS drivers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    I really wanted him too. Those picks were actually in 2010. The Ravens took Jimmy Smith and Torrey Smith which were good picks. It would have been nice to have been able to grab him somehow in the early 3rd. Oh well. Our rush will look a lot better once these guys get going and Suggs gets back.

A lot of us thought he'd drop lower that the 3rd and Ozzie might grab him in the 4th or 5th but I don't think
    he was even on Ozzie's radar.

That was still a great draft for us with Torry alone who is now a top WR in the game and Jimmy has greet
    potential to be a star as Film Study says. Can't get all the gems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Just think how other teams felt when they passed up players Webb, Rice, Ngata, Suggs, Lewis, and Reed for the current generation of UPS drivers.
    Mel Kiper gave the Oher draft a B based on Webb alone-lol. He also liked Phillips whom we later cut.
    Mel said Oher can be beat. LOL