Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A lil something that bothers me.

They always talk about "When is Joe going to take charge?" or "When will this be Joes team?" on NFLN and ESPN. Yet after last nights game, they interview Ray Lewis. If this were any other team in the league, the QB would have been interviewed. Hell, if the Browns had won, Weeden would have been interviewed.

Just a little something that irritates me.

Re: A lil something that bothers me.

OMG. Really??...Ray Lewis has been the face of this franchise since day 1 and he makes for a much more compelling interview. Let's be concerned about what Joe does on the field and not off it.

Um they were going to interview Joe but Ray Lewis just walked onto the set. Rich Eisen even apologized to the audience for it by saying something to the effect of "we know we said we would have Joe Flacco but Ray Lewis just showed up and we are excited to have him."

Seems like Ray trying to grab attention as usual, even though I can't remember him making any plays of note in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    Um they were going to interview Joe but Ray Lewis just walked onto the set. Rich Eisen even apologized to the audience for it by saying something to the effect of "we know we said we would have Joe Flacco but Ray Lewis just showed up and we are excited to have him."
    This

Blog Entries

I think the media, the Ravens, and to a lesser extent the fans are doing Flacco a major disservice by pushing him to be "The Man" on the Ravens offense. It is clear to me that Flacco much more resembles Eli Manning then he does Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers. The Ravens can definitely win a Super Bowl with Flacco at QB, just as the Giants have won two Super Bowls with Eli Manning at QB. The difference is that the Giants usually run a fairly balanced attack on offense and play good defense. This is the same formula that the Ravens have used, and is the formula in which Flacco's career will thrive. When Flacco tries to take over the offense, he makes bad decisions and turns the ball over too much. He should watch Eli Manning's press conferences and handle the media in much the same way. Much of the "Is Flacco an elite QB" talk has come about due to Flacco's contract situation and Flacco's own statements. He needs to improve the way he responds to such questions, so I guess that I am not that upset with Flacco not being interviewed as much by the national media.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    OMG. Really??...Ray Lewis has been the face of this franchise since day 1 and he makes for a much more compelling interview. Let's be concerned about what Joe does on the field and not off it.
    That's not my point. Name any other team that this would be the case. Don't have a discussion on why Flacco hasn't become the face of the team when you spend 30 minutes talking to Ray about the defense. A defense that has taken a backseat to Ray and the offense.

Seems like Ray trying to grab attention as usual, even though I can't remember him making any plays of note in this game.
    Oh ok then I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    They always talk about "When is Joe going to take charge?" or "When will this be Joes team?" on NFLN and ESPN. Yet after last nights game, they interview Ray Lewis. If this were any other team in the league, the QB would have been interviewed. Hell, if the Browns had won, Weeden would have been interviewed.

Just a little something that irritates me.
    They showed the "sit down interview" between Joe and Prime Time during the pre show....I'm sure the same things would have been discussed after the game as well... I figured it would have been Boldin, but he had a nice lengthy interview on the field after the game, so why not Ray?

Blog Entries

Most of the stuff about Flacco seems to be related to his contract. I can't wait until it's done so they can focus on the real things.

Blog Entries

I took it that Joe declined the interview, probably tired of the same old 'are you elite' questions.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Joe is just as he is now. Ray Lewis will always have a larger than life personality. Joe is the leader of the offense and he does it in his own way. Quite frankly I don't want him to be like Rogers and Brees. I prefer that he be like Eli or even Tom Brady. Rogers and Brees are out spoken about everything having to do with the NFL. Tweeting about officials and other things. Eli and Tom just go about doing their job. Brady gets a ton of press because he is good looking, ultra successful married to a super model qb but he rarely puts himself in the limelight.

When Ray retires Joe will be the first Raven the media will want to interview. Right now it is a close second.

Red light Ray..... I love Ray but he sure loves that camera.