Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

J.O. nominated for Hall Of Fame

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    NFL announces 2013 Pro Football Hall of Fame nominees, including @jonathanogden75 as one of 13 first-year candidates. Congrats J.O.!

Full list found here
    Last edited by nickh0801; 09-27-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: J.O. nominated for Hall Of Fame

We all expected this but it's still nice to see

He should get it on the first shot. The man was a total freak of nature. I've never seen someone his size glide the way he did. His every movement seemed effortless. Really sad that the toe never truly got better...it's the only reason Freeney had those brief moments of dominance against him.

Much luck to J.O.: a class act and one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Hope he gets in 1st go around.

Interesting there are a lot of Ex Ravens on the list as well...

Priest Holmes, Sam Adams, Steve McNair, and Ben Coats... cool, although I doubt any of them ever get in.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post

, Steve McNair, although I doubt any of them ever get in.
    I agree, but if you compare Steve McNair to a relative contemporary in Troy Aikman, McNair is solidly ahead in every criteria of evaluation, except for Super Bowl titles. That's not entirely fair to McNair because the way he led some talent-mediocre Titans teams deep into the playoffs was easily as impressive as Aikman taking some loaded teams to championships.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Hope he gets in 1st go around.

Interesting there are a lot of Ex Ravens on the list as well...

Priest Holmes, Sam Adams, Steve McNair, and Ben Coats... cool, although I doubt any of them ever get in.
    I agree. I don't think any of those guys has a shot. They all had moments of true greatness but it just doesn't hold up when you look at their careers as a whole.

Michael Strahan has a good shot.

Morton Anderson should be in but there is such a bias against kickers and punters that it won't happen.

Larry Allen should be a lock.

John Lynch was way overrated. I think his teammate Warren Sapp had a much bigger impact.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I agree, but if you compare Steve McNair to a relative contemporary in Troy Aikman, McNair is solidly ahead in every criteria of evaluation, except for Super Bowl titles. That's not entirely fair to McNair because the way he led some talent-mediocre Titans teams deep into the playoffs was easily as impressive as Aikman taking some loaded teams to championships.
    Those Super Bowls are the reason why Aikman got in. He was the real leader of those teams. Without those rings Aikman would have no shot at the HOF.

Blog Entries

Was expected and is good to see. He will get first ballot and I'm calling the Ravens will play in their first HOF game next season. The dreaded 5 preseason games.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

JO is a lock along with Strahan and probably Larry Allen.

I will be in Canton next summer.

Blog Entries

When are legitimately argued as one of the greatest to ever play your position, I think that you are a first ballot Hall of Fame player.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    When are legitimately argued as one of the greatest to ever play your position, I think that you are a first ballot Hall of Fame player.
    The HOF is tough to predict. Shannon Sharpe was the greatest at his position and he didn't get in 1st ballot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You should be. The HOF needs to change their admission rules, imo. Any player who retires as top all-time in a statistic that is crucial to their position should walk in, sans vote, as soon as they are eligible to enter the HOF. Monk, for instance, was the all-time receptions leader when he retired. It shouldn't have taken as long as it did.

That's harder to do with offensive linemen, of course, since they don't really have positive stats you can look at. Anyone who watched JO play, OTOH, knows he was one of the best all-time to play left tackle. He could shut out any kind of pass rusher: power, speed, finesse. It didn't matter. He was as technically sound as any who ever played the position, as athletic, and he was a freak of nature, size-wise.