Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Harrisson to have Microfracture Surgery officially announced today by his agent

The surgery post is clearly just a bit of black humor from a frustrated fan. The story in the paper today in Pittsburgh just says he tried practicing this week after rehabbing from his mid-August surgery, and he had a setback that will prevent him from being ready in Week 5. But no mention of more surgery.

Re: Harrisson to have Microfracture Surgery officially announced today by his agent

Guys, there is no way that the post describing all that surgery is accurate, it is a sarcastic attempt at humor I'm sure. The guy will eventually need work done I'm sure, but a partial or full replacement is years away for him if at all. Much ado about nothing.

At 34 its about walking after football.....
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    You do this kind of thing all the time dude.

Personally, from reading that, I'm not sure I buy it. If his knee was THAT bad, he wouldn't be walking period, let alone playing. And, they don't do knee replacements on guys that young, which is why Mike McCrary is hobbling around on two wrecked knees waiting to be old enough for the docs to replace them.
    while thats true, theyd like you to be 55-60 for knee replacement, its not the same for millionaires. The reasoning is they dont want you to have to do it again, not an issue with the rich. Knee replacement sounds scary but at my rehab ive met quite a few elderly that had it done and were walking around not long after. Realy removes the pain and at that age its not like youre fast moving anyway. Id assume hes done after knee replacement though. Big difference between 60 and 35 as far as activity level.
    -JAB

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...etback-654988/

hurting but no surgery scheduled.

"The hope that the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker expressed about the condition of his left knee after practicing Tuesday, turned to disappointment Wednesday when he left the Steelers training facility before practice because his knee bothered him.
    "It's a little bit of a setback," said agent Bill Parise, who spoke with Harrison after he went home. "Hopefully, it's not something that will derail our plans."
    The knee's adverse reaction to his second full practice of the year does not bode well."
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Can we just ban the OP from starting posts? Then we could all.save oyrself some trouble and wasted time.

He clearly has a reading comprehension problem, refuses to post links (mainly because said links never exist) and repeatedly starts threads about untrue nonsense.

This us like the 20th time, not the first. Or second.or third.

^ Word
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Knee replacement sounds scary but at my rehab ive met quite a few elderly that had it done and were walking around not long after. Realy removes the pain and at that age its not like youre fast moving anyway.
    Then again there's always Syd Thrift:
    Thirft died September 18, 2006 at Milford Memorial Hospital in Milford, Delaware at age 77 following apparent complications from knee replacement surgery earlier that day.
    Talk about "really removing the pain"--permanently....

Trashed until there are more facts.

Shame on you OP (again)