“I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!”

Chanting “BULL SHIT!!!!!!” so loud and long that the TV commentators comment on it is a good start. Last night, my 12 year old son, who has heard far worse on the school bus and perhaps heard worse from myself as well, said, “I bet people in Baltimore can hear that 10 miles from the stadium!” Indeed, I bet folks on their porches did hear that from 10 miles away. Heck, we heard it all the way in the Midwest.

But I think the fans in the stands can make an even bigger statement letting the league know that the replacement refs are unacceptable. And while it might be futile, I do not think it is stupid. Stick with me for a moment.

I propose that after the introductions, the National Anthem, the coin toss - all the buildup to the game, but before the opening kickoff, all the fans in the stands should walk out to the concourses, chanting “BULL SHIT!!!” at the same time, and then stay there for the first 5 minutes of the game. Have yourselves a little toga party while you are on the concourse, all the while keeping up the "BULL SHIT!!!" chant. You’re not really going to miss that much in the first 5 minutes that you won’t be able to watch later on your DVR. Then march back into the seating bowl still chanting "BULL SHIT!!!!"

A bunch of empty seats in every NFL stadium for the start of the games this weekend, accompanied by a “BULL SHIT!!!” chant are sights and sounds that the mass media will pounce on. It may not really influence the league to get the seasoned refs back, but it would certainly make a statement.

I know that many of you who pay to go to the games will call “Bull Shit” on this suggestion. It is true that I do not attend the games since I am over 1000 miles away. And you pay a lot of money to see the game so why should you miss any of it? Then again, why should you pay all that money to watch a bunch of replacement refs fumble calls the entire game? Why not make a statement that can be seen as well as heard? Yes, everyone should chant “BULL SHIT!!!” as they leave the seating bowl for the first 5 minutes of the game. I will refrain from watching the first 5 minutes of the game on TV so I can join in the protest. I'm not going to yell "BULL SHIT!!!" though because the missus will throw me out if I do. On Thursday, Sunday, and Monday, all fans should vote with their butts, feet and mouths by leaving the seating bowl while chanting "BULL SHIT!!!" for the first 5 minutes of the game.

In the words of the great Bluto Blutarsky, “Who’s with me?”

Spread the word!

Attachment 1105