Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: National Anthem... and other observations:

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Yup, Williams is an issue, but the pass rush is the biggest. They need to get more creative with how they approach it.
    I don't even think it's a matter of creativity. I think they simply need to do it more.

I will be interested to see FilmStudy's take on it. Seemed to me they simply rushed four most of the time. When they finally did blitz in the fourth, it worked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think he's definitely one of the issue.

But for me, the larger issue was something the broadcast touched on more than once last night -- Brady having all damn night to throw the ball.

They showed a series of clips mid way through the third that showed Brady, routinely, having 3.2 - 4 seconds to sit back and find a receiver.

You simply cannot give any QB that amount of time and expect your DB's to stay in coverage for that long. Someone was bound to get open.
    Yeah, I don't see how you can blame one guy when the entire defense has been shredded the past two games. People wanted to say "It's just because they were playing Vick and were scared of him running if they blitzed..." or something along those lines after the Eagles game, well, not so much. I knew going in Brady was going to shred the defense because...for the most part...Pees won't blitz, and they don't have the players to generate a rush with four guys.

other thoughts:

What has happened to Kruger and McPhee? Less so for McPhee, he's been decent, but Kruger has done nothing. Not sure how much longer Kruger is going to be starting with Upshaw continuing to make plays - although he doesn't really get much rush either. That might be the best thing for Kruger, to be honest. Put him back in the pass rush role he thrived in last year.

Also think it's interesting how Dickson has gone from the starting TE to basically not even playing. Deservedly so, because he stinks and Pitta is good, but it's interesting how quick they were to make that change and basically make Dickson irrelevant in the current offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    BTW, I think 90% of the D's issues right now are on Carey Williams. He's the weakest link in the chain, IMO. I wanted them to bench him last night in the 4th quarter and run Smith, Brown, or Graham out there. I was thinking they couldn't have done any worse...
    Impossible ! That can't be because he's so good that he turned down a 3 year - $15 million contract. Perhaps he should rethink his position on that carefully... Bc

He should've taken that money and run. If another team offers him that same deal this offseason, I wouldn't blame the Ravens one bit if they told him best wishes with your new team...
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Bahh... don't take yourself so seriously.
    What does that even mean? I don't like it. Sorry if that bothers you.

Blog Entries

Javier Colon was outstanding.

Great rendition.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Here's an observation and a good one.

In the 4th quarter, Suggs was put on the big screen and he proceeded to pump up the crowd, but MOST importantly, he was jumping up and down while waving his arms.
    His injury is definitely healing well and hopefully he has been able to push it enough in rehab to get ready to come back in November.

I'm not an O's fan (Pirates regrettably ha), but I have zero problem with the O chant. It ties in National pride with Baltimore pride, which is awesome.

For the record, in my entire history of watching sporting events, that was the PINNACLE of national anthems. Gave me chills.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    BTW, I think 90% of the D's issues right now are on Carey Williams. He's the weakest link in the chain, IMO. I wanted them to bench him last night in the 4th quarter and run Smith, Brown, or Graham out there. I was thinking they couldn't have done any worse. Williams did get a pass defensed on the Pats final drive though, so at least he was resilient and kept at it. He's a major problem though, IMO. QB's and WR's all over the NFL are salivating when they watch him on film.
    Yes Cary sometimes lacks ball instincts but let's be fair. It was Tom Brady back there slinging it all over the place. I'll reserve judgment until he goes up against guys like Brandon Weeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Here's an observation and a good one.

In the 4th quarter, Suggs was put on the big screen and he proceeded to pump up the crowd, but MOST importantly, he was jumping up and down while waving his arms.
    His injury is definitely healing well and hopefully he has been able to push it enough in rehab to get ready to come back in November.
    Speaking of Suggs he tweeted something to the effect of "3 down, 3 to go"....me thinking he could make an early return?

I just love the fact that before every home game at Heinz Field they all sing a song about Baltimore's defense, not the Ravens Defense. You may be able to win a beer bet with a Steelers fan with this one.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Speaking of Suggs he tweeted something to the effect of "3 down, 3 to go"....me thinking he could make an early return?
    Love to see him ready to play the Browns (in Cleveland) after the BYE week. Not sure it's realistic, but if it is that would pump some power into our defense... Bc