Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Midget Offense in Full Display

Quote Originally Posted by Brady12AH81 View Post
    I am probably biased towards Brady, but take a look at our WR and overall roster in 2006. Tom was a Reche Caldwell drop away from taking us to the superbowl. The 2003 team didn't have a legitmate #1 WR and Antowain Smith was the RB.
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I was almost surely too harsh with the OP (my team losing the game at that point, and frustration setting in). Brady is one of the most accurate passers in short and mid-range ever. I believe that the argument stands that he is a product of great coaching and a great system. But all great QBs are, to a larger or smaller extent (Johnny U being the exception, of course).

All I have been doing after the OP is trying to defend it against some attacks that I thought unjustified.

2. Re: Midget Offense in Full Display

[QUOTE=Uli2001;492268]Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I was almost surely too harsh with the OP (my team losing the game at that point, and frustration setting in). Brady is one of the most accurate passers in short and mid-range ever. I believe that the argument stands that he is a product of great coaching and a great system. But all great QBs are, to a larger or smaller extent (Johnny U being the exception, of course).

I see you on the intermediate argument. But besides Randy Moss, the next best deep threat that Tom has played with might be Bethel Johnson. There really isn't anyone on this team that can get deep. Lloyd is probably the best deep threat, not due to speed but because his double moves are deadly. Last year we sent Matthew Slater on the field strictly to run deep. He is a special teams player and not even a true WR. While I don't think Toms deep ball is great or terrible, I don't think he has been exactly blessed with guys that give him an opportunity to be considered a great downfield passer.

Blog Entries

Re: Midget Offense in Full Display

Johnny Unitas dink and dunked his way to football immortality in the '58 championship. whatever works. this thread is silly.