1. Anyone at the game yesterday??

My husband and I drove up to Philly yesterday morning to go to the game. The major thing we noticed was that their stadium is not loud at all. Fans not really into it until our last drive. Even during player introductions (it was their home opener!) it was so quiet in there! Makes me happy that we have such an awesome home atmosphere :) Anyone else who was there yesterday notice this?

Re: Anyone at the game yesterday??

I noticed it just watching it on TV. It didn't seem that loud unlike our stadium when the Ravens play at home. In fact, I commented on that very thing.

the place looks sanatized compared to veterans stadium. we used to go to veterans stadium in the late 80's when baltimore didn't have a team and i lived in delaware. veterans stadium was a mess. if you are a female in that crowd you were a rough woman. it wasn;t a place you would take your girlfriend or wife. it looks like it has changed.

Blog Entries

I was there and I agree with you that it wasnt very loud and it was a very late arriving crowd. the seats didnt fill up until mid 2nd quarter. but I must say Philly fans get a bad rap for being the nastiest sports fans. I didnt recieve any negative comments or was not disrespected in any way by their fans. they were all very friendly towards us and i had a few friendly conversations with them. most said good game after the game and wished us luck the rest of the season. I was pleasently surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I was there and I agree with you that it wasnt very loud and it was a very late arriving crowd. the seats didnt fill up until mid 2nd quarter. but I must say Philly fans get a bad rap for being the nastiest sports fans. I didnt recieve any negative comments or was not disrespected in any way by their fans. they were all very friendly towards us and i had a few friendly conversations with them. most said good game after the game and wished us luck the rest of the season. I was pleasently surprised.
    True dat on late arriving fans. Big tailgate scene. I think the new stadium (PSLs, higher ticket & concessions prices, etc.) priced out the most egregious louts. Their security is pretty tight, too. Everyone is wanded @ entrance (they missed my metal flask of "grown-up touchdown juice", however). Then I take a swig after our first score and the security guy for the section is on it (one of my friends saw the whole thing develop from the beginning). I'm rocking my full Ravens Ghost Shirt, so I've been on his radar since I arrived. He radios his supervisor and a bunch of them arrive. I give up the flask at once - my interest is in staying there. They huddle up like a bunch of replacement refs (this being the point when the Iggles' fans start howling for tossing me out). The senior rental cop relents, I stay, they even pass me back the empty flask late in 4Q. No worries, I broke their rules, they handled things diplomatically, I got to see the game. But it just shows how proactive they've become in Philly. Almost felt like like Pee Wee had a quota of incidents to report. As for smack talk there was more pre-game in the parking lots than post-game, when a lot of the more reasonable Iggles fans realized they'd been given a gift.

Blog Entries

I was there also. Arrived about 9:30 am to the HUGE tailgate lot next to the Wells Fargo center which is right next to the Linc...only $25 to park! No problems tailgating, in fact a few came over to just talk football. I parked next to another group of Ravens fans who had a cold tailgate, so we offered food and drink. Getting through the sadium was quick and painless as it was no wait line.

As stated I too noticed the stadium was quiet, and it was pretty empty (Baltimore standards) at the anthem (btw the dude who played it on the trumpet ). The seats filled slowly, as a matter of fact one couple a couple of rows in front of us arrived the beginning of Third Quarter! The crowd was quiet until the 4th qtr. Nothing like the Bank, but I must say the Philly crowd is overrated in terms of rowdiness (at least for this game...I'm sure it's worse for a Cowboys game).
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    I think the new stadium (PSLs, higher ticket & concessions prices, etc.) priced out the most egregious louts. .
    actually their concessions prices were actually cheaper then our stadium. soft drinks were $3.75/$5.25 vs $5/$7.50(M&T) water was $4 vs $4.50(M&T) can beer was $7.25 vs $7.75(M&T) but philly had 12oz cans M&T has 16oz cans