Blog Entries

Jason Kelce vs Haloti Ngata

Jason Kelce is the starting center for Philly, and is 6'1 and only weighs 280 lbs. So basically he's smaller than Courtney Upshaw and Pernell McPhee. Haloti Ngata is 6'4 and 345 lbs, this is going to be a huge match up that could be one of the deciding factors of the game. Jason kelce had a good game last week, but struggled last year coming up against bigger defensive fronts, particularly 3-4 based teams with larger Dlines. He will also have to come up against both Terrence Cody and Kemo, I think the Eagles are coming up with some sort of blocking plan that helps him out, because otherwise he's going to be spending a large part of the day getting shoved back all the way in Vick's face.

The Eagles are going to have to do what the Texans do, and try and move our Dline west and east, they have an under sized line that will struggle against our interior pass rush. I do think this will be a tough match, and could end up being one of our hardest games of the year, but this is one area of the match up that works incredibly in our favour. We are the complete opposite to Philly in so many ways as a team. Finesse vs physicality, which one wins tomorrow? GO RAVENS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jason Kelce is the starting center for Philly, and is 6'1 and only weighs 280 lbs. So basically he's smaller than Courtney Upshaw and Pernell McPhee. Haloti Ngata is 6'4 and 345 lbs, this is going to be a huge match up that could be one of the deciding factors of the game. Jason kelce had a good game last week, but struggled last year coming up against bigger defensive fronts, particularly 3-4 based teams with larger Dlines. He will also have to come up against both Terrence Cody and Kemo, I think the Eagles are coming up with some sort of blocking plan that helps him out, because otherwise he's going to be spending a large part of the day getting shoved back all the way in Vick's face.

The Eagles are going to have to do what the Texans do, and try and move our Dline west and east, they have an under sized line that will struggle against our interior pass rush. I do think this will be a tough match, and could end up being one of our hardest games of the year, but this is one area of the match up that works incredibly in our favour. We are the complete opposite to Philly in so many ways as a team. Finesse vs physicality, which one wins tomorrow? GO RAVENS!
    This is -imo- the most important match up. Kelce vs kemo, ngata, and cody.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Jason Kelce vs Haloti Ngata

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is -imo- the most important match up. Kelce vs kemo, ngata, and cody.
    wicked, that would be illegal. Over 1,000 lbs. on this guy ??? Well, call the cops... Bc

Blog Entries

So basically hes pouncey minus the talent and pedigree... Who ngata already tosses around one armed like a rag doll. If our chances of winning hinge on this matchup, i like our odds.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    So basically hes pouncey minus the talent and pedigree... Who ngata already tosses around one armed like a rag doll. If our chances of winning hinge on this matchup, i like our odds.
    Even Pouncey has like 20 lbs on this guy.

Blog Entries

I think because of this theyll likely try to run to the outside. I know you dont have much faith in kruger but id bet he and upshaw end up with a lot of snaps as edge setters and qb contain.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I think because of this theyll likely try to run to the outside. I know you dont have much faith in kruger but id bet he and upshaw end up with a lot of snaps as edge setters and qb contain.
    Yeah certainly another key match up of the game. I think if Kruger, McClellan, and Upshaw can set the edge (and that is a huge IF), I honestly cannot see the Eagles winning the game. From what I've seen of Vick over the past year or so, he has just looked awful, and it appears to be a continued trend by evidence of last week, so if anyone is going to beat us, it will be McCoy. The Eagles have some nice receivers, but our secondary matches up well with them IMO, and Ngata is going to bring plenty of pressure up the middle when Vick drops back to throw the ball, and we all know what happens to Vick when he's under pressure.

Of course, the Eagles have a defense that is probably good enough to shut down our passing offense too, with their wide 9 scheme, and extremely talented corners. So it may come down to which offense makes fewer mistakes/turnovers.

I'm still sticking with an Eagles win, as much as I hate to say that, and I know this board hate to see negative predictions. A lot seems to favour us, but we are the complete opposite style of team to Philly, and we are on a road coming off a huge emotional win, it may be too much for us. I think the wide 9 is going to give us HUGE problems, and I'm not sure if we should probably just run the ball 30 times or something, because if there's anyone on our schedule who can stop the no huddle, it's Philly's defense.