Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Heroes & Goats (Cat Scratch Fever Edition)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in this post are, my own, for entertainment purposes only and in no way reflect the beliefs of the management or administration of this delightful website. Any similarities to persons alive, dead, or Lee Evans is purely coincidental.

HEROES:

1) JOE FLACCO- Anyone who wondered how long it would take for Bazooka Joe v5.0 to blow the prison stripes off the Cincy Kitties needed only wait one play, as he struck with the force of an F-5 Tornado early and often:respect. Deadly accuracy. Feathery touch. Supreme poise and confidence. Joe Flacco, AFC Offensive Player of the Week. Brilliant. The only person in the building more Golden than you three days ago was Michael Phelps!

2) RAY LEWIS/ED REED/HALOTI NGATA/LARDARIUS WEBB- Believe me folks, this was the CONDENSED list of names! Although the offense took center stage Monday Night, the "Vaunted Ravens Defense" proved once again why you don't walk into The Vault and expect anything less than an Ike Turner ass-whoopin. Ray & Ed continued to add to their Canton resumes and "ALLTIME GREATEST" status, while Haloti started his DPOY campaign with a ROAR, and by the time Pollard, Upshaw and the rest of the gang were done, The Ginger Head Man on the other side of the ball had to be feeling like one bruised Ginger SNAP.

3) DENNIS PITTA- I have to give it up to the entire receiving corps, which includes (of all things) our guys in the backfield, but I know I'm not dreaming or experiencing "Inception" when I recall than just a few weeks ago you SUFFERED A BROKEN HAND during the preseason, yet came out and delivered a Prime Time performance so cold it would've made Iceberg Slim proud. That leaping TD grab was so SWEET I had to brush my teeth during the replays to avoid getting cavities...

4) RAY RICE/VONTA LEACH- Like marriage and eternal suffering:grbac:, you can't have one of these dudes without the other. And Man, you two are All-Pro locks if you continue to perform like this. Ray Rice seems to be even faster, more elusive and powerful this season, while Leach relentlessly sets out to Seek and Destroy linebackers like he grew up worshipping Metallica!:respect

5) OFFENSIVE LINE- On numerous occassions, Joe Flacco had enough time in the pocket to send a Tweet to his intended receiver and have him read it before throwing another laser pass. Despite being thrown together like last-minute Gumbo, you kept Flack clean and played a physical game that low-key scared the shit out of the rest of the League. :happyanim

Honorable Mention:

Justin Tucker- I would be remiss if I failed to give props to our rookie kicker for single-footedly outscoring the Bungholes in his first regular season action. Keep kickin ass, bro.

Courtney Upshaw- One NFL game under your belt, One half of One NFL Sack to write home about. I've noticed that you get better as the game wears on. I'm smelling DROY in your future...

RAVENS FANS- I don't have to tell you you're the BEST. I don't have to tell you that I'm damned proud to be one of you. Just keep being the LOUDEST sumbitches in or out of a dome because IT FEELS GOOD.

No GOATS this week guys. Let the Good Times Roll...I'm Done. *Drops Mic*

Blog Entries

Re: Heroes & Goats (Cat Scratch Fever Edition)

My goat of the week is NFL.com. I went looking for the Top 10 plays of the week. NOT A SINGLE ONE from our blowout! And some of their top plays were like "really?" Like the Revis pick, which was just him cutting in front of the WR to grab the ball and run out of bounds. Ed Reed's RECORD SETTING TD RETURN wasn't a better play? Or how about the 52 yard bomb to open the game?

Rodney Dangerfield is warming up in my head...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    My goat of the week is NFL.com. I went looking for the Top 10 plays of the week. NOT A SINGLE ONE from our blowout! And some of their top plays were like "really?" Like the Revis pick, which was just him cutting in front of the WR to grab the ball and run out of bounds. Ed Reed's RECORD SETTING TD RETURN wasn't a better play? Or how about the 52 yard bomb to open the game?

Rodney Dangerfield is warming up in my head...
    Don't take it personally as they didn't make it on the top 10 on account it was a Monday night game.

Blog Entries

My goat would be the rushing defense. You can't allow at team to score a touchdown on 4th and 1 from the 6 yard line at the end of the half. This got buried because of the Ravens 2nd half performance but it really shouldn't be. That kind of breakdown loses more games than not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My goat would be the rushing defense. You can't allow at team to score a touchdown on 4th and 1 from the 6 yard line at the end of the half. This got buried because of the Ravens 2nd half performance but it really shouldn't be. That kind of breakdown loses more games than not.
    honestly we were fortunate they didn't go for it on in the 3rd; it would've tied the game if successful.

Great stuff

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Good to read your stuff again, R52!

Certainly, it was a team effort and everyone should be labeled as Heroes in this game. My Goat would be the ahole ref who flagged Lardarius for a roughing the passer - complete and utter BS!! The dude hit him with all shoulder, and the ref freaked out and flagged him.

Anyway, thanks again for your effort in producing one of the best articles week in and week out on this site.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

in re; Ravens D, seems like every game there's one weak drive, which is why we don't see shutouts. I think they made adjustments and did well later. helps to have a 2+ score lead.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Don't take it personally as they didn't make it on the top 10 on account it was a Monday night game.
    The video was from Tuesday afternoon/evening though.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Nice to see the re-emergence of this feature :) Thanks.

I have one candidate for goat, and not pushing it because he wasn't flagged for it
    Cody took a swipe at someone after the whistle. It was pushing and shoving with the pile behind him and IIRC Lardarius bunping with someone when Cody delivered his hook that missed and I think Reed came in pushing them away but Reed may have been another play.
    Cody could have cost us, it wasn't flagged so an dishonorable mention goat only.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Always a pleasure R52, you the man!
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    helps to have a 2+ score lead.
    :word

It allowed them to rush Dalton with a lot less inhibition late in the game, resulting in sacks. The defense had to play more cautiously earlier. It's an old story in football. Nothing like getting a big lead.

Great stuff as always, Devil Dog!