Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Eagles Analysis Thread

Let's get the Eagles analysis/discussion going here.

For starters, Harbaugh calls the Eagles offense the most explosive in the NFL. "Scary good."

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/st...14973152272384

Re: Eagles Analysis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Let's get the Eagles analysis/discussion going here.

For starters, Harbaugh calls the Eagles offense the most explosive in the NFL. "Scary good."

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/st...14973152272384
    I am sure that is what Andy Reid is calling the Ravens offense.

They certainly have a lot of speed at the skills positions and can put up points. However if the Ravens remain disciplined on defense they can limit Vick'd running ability and force some turnovers.

The Eagles know they will have to play better than they did last week to win this game.

Blog Entries

To win this game, Kruger has to set the edge well and stop McCoy. McCoy IMO is the key in this game, we must stop him, he is a back that can break it out for huge gains, we got away with not having that threat when BJGE was picking up all those nice little runs on us.

We need to start Arthur Jones in this one, he seems to be a very good run defender. Ngata, Kemo, Cody, and Jones need to have good games to stop their run game.

The O-line played well last night but this might be the biggest test of the season. Birk didn't look great against Atkins and Cullen Jenkins will be a huge test as well. Oher vs Cole and KO vs Babin are also concerning.

Defensively, I agree that McCoy should be the primary focus. Reid almost never runs as much as he should, but McCoy is extremely dangerous as a runner and receiver, and bounces a lot of his runs to the outside. Kruger and Upshaw will be huge.

I'm just hoping the Ravens don't have a Game 2 letdown after a big win in the opener. I still remember last year they went into Tennessee in Week 2 after crushing the Steelers in the opener, and were completely stymied by a well prepared Titans team. I'm sure Harbaugh will be reminding them all week, and also pointing out that they shouldn't count on Philly playing as poorly as they did against Cleveland.

Blog Entries
    Well its not like they need to worry about Andy Reid running the ball...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

We're gunna need our playmakers on D thats for sure. I don't necessarily think the Eagles are a good team (very overrated), but they do get explosive big plays. Thanksfully we have playmakers all over this defence.

Player to watch: Kruger, it's his time to shine. I think McClellan and Upshaw looked very good on Monday

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well its not like they need to worry about Andy Reid running the ball...
    They were the #1 rushing team last year and trying to throw last week didn't work so well for them. I see a lot of running to the outside by the Eagles this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    To win this game, Kruger has to set the edge well and stop McCoy. McCoy IMO is the key in this game, we must stop him, he is a back that can break it out for huge gains, we got away with not having that threat when BJGE was picking up all those nice little runs on us.

We need to start Arthur Jones in this one, he seems to be a very good run defender. Ngata, Kemo, Cody, and Jones need to have good games to stop their run game.
    More or less I agree but do you know what stopped the Eagles run game last week? Andy Reid. If Andy can stick to the run long enough to beat us with it, I'll be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    More or less I agree but do you know what stopped the Eagles run game last week? Andy Reid. If Andy can stick to the run long enough to beat us with it, I'll be surprised.
    He is also getting a lot of flack for it. Like when Cam got criticized about Ray Rice not getting touches. They made an emphasis on it after.

I'm hearing that Maclin may not play. Can someone confirm?

We actually do well against smaller speedy WRs who dont like going over the middle (see Mike Wallace) and Maclin was their guy for that and not Desean Jackson.

I'm more looking at their D line against our new look O line and if we can hold up. Considering the new look offense, I dont expect Joe to hold the ball too long.

As far as Vick, if we can hit him a couple times, you can chalk that part of their game plan, but you have to catch him first and we are not fast up front (maybe spy him with a DB). We have had issues with running QBs in the past and my hope is that Vick wants to be a pocket passer like in the Browns game.

I'm not going into this game confident in a flat out win, but with our offense clicking, hopefully we can expose their aggressiveness and abuse them with Pitta and Dickson.

I feel in the end we have more offensive weapons than they can cover and hopefully we us them all and not get tunnel vision with one player (Torrey, Rice, TEs).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    They were the #1 rushing team last year and trying to throw last week didn't work so well for them. I see a lot of running to the outside by the Eagles this game.
    same here, plus a lot of screens in the mix. McCoy scares me. I am worried about this game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!