Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

John Harbaugh, your brother is smarter than you

The 49ers remind me of what the ravens should aspire to be but refuse to for some reason. He doesnt try to make alex smith into the next peyton, he lets him be alex smith next to frank gore. He is not ashamed to be a physical, run first team mainly because that is what his personnel can do well. For some reason, brother fredo stands by with his thumb up his posterior while cam makes andy reid look like mike ditka in terms of committing to the run. They are so desperate to change their identity rather than perfecting what they do best. Call your bro, john. Call him now.

Re: John Harbaugh, your brother is smarter than you

Sounds like your still smarting from yesterday's loss which was an indeed a frustrating one however this is not a fair comparison. Jim Harbaugh is not trying to turn Alex Smith into Peyton because he can never be like him. Period.
    Niners and Ravens have different personnel to work with which warrant different playcalling and schemes whether you agree with them or not. How can you annoint Jim Harbaugh as the one who know what he's doing with a limited body of work. 1 full season and 2 games to be exact. It doesn't make sense.

CAM is the problem, has been the problem, and always will be the problem - UNTIL HE'S GONE. He is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of a Ravens trip to the Super Bowl. He is inflexible - he can't adapt to game situations - like the second half of yesterday's game - where he insisted on thrown the ball in third down and short situations.

I am now convinced of the fact that the Ravens will never get to the Superbowl as long as Cam is directing the offense. Joe will never reach his full potential as long as Cam is running the offense.

Lol
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

well let's see, one Harbs played in the NFL for years and the other was a special teams coach.

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    well let's see, one Harbs played in the NFL for years and the other was a special teams coach.
    Yeah because playing in the NFL automatically makes you a great coach. Just look at Mike Singletary. 18-22 career record. :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    You sure did put alot of thought into that one.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Yeah because playing in the NFL automatically makes you a great coach. Just look at Mike Singletary. 18-22 career record. :grbac:
    :word Yup all that NFL experience Bill Belichick a lot of good...oh thats right he has none.......

This thread is just stupid IMO. John has been to the playoffs 4 seasons in a row with a talented team. His brother has a talented team also and will likely make his second consecutive run to the playoffs. Both guys are smart, talented coaches. If John has a fault its being a little to loyal to some guys (Cam, Moeller etc). Look maybe Jim is the better coach of the two but its not by such a markedly large amount IMO. I think it does help he has better assistants at this point.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

One thing you have to admire about the 49ers is they design a system that fits their personnel and then execute it perfectly. Collinsworth kept on point out how they would use the TE to trap and open up an inside lane for Gore. They would change it slightly with motion and positioning but it was the same play and it was effective over and over again.

On defense they've assembled a D-line who can win 1 on 1 matchups and constantly get pressure. Their linebackers are so good in coverage that they even let them cover Megatron on crossing routes. It was simple stuff but played perfectly.

That's real good football and it elevates teams beyond their talent level. Jim Harbaugh seems to bring that everywhere he's been. I'm not going to compare John to Jim but I will say that I like what I've seen from Jim and I think he's going to be a real good NFL coach.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Sounds like your still smarting from yesterday's loss which was an indeed a frustrating one however this is not a fair comparison. Jim Harbaugh is not trying to turn Alex Smith into Peyton because he can never be like him. Period.
    Niners and Ravens have different personnel to work with which warrant different playcalling and schemes whether you agree with them or not.
    How can you annoint Jim Harbaugh as the one who know what he's doing with a limited body of work. 1 full season and 2 games to be exact. It doesn't make sense.
    This. Flacco > Smith, so the expectations deserve to be different and higher.

If your point is that Jim and the Niner OC are maximizing and playing to Smith's talents way more efficiently than John and Cam have traditionally played to Joe's, then I agree.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    CAM is the problem, has been the problem, and always will be the problem - UNTIL HE'S GONE. He is the biggest obstacle standing in the way of a Ravens trip to the Super Bowl. He is inflexible - he can't adapt to game situations - like the second half of yesterday's game - where he insisted on thrown the ball in third down and short situations.

I am now convinced of the fact that the Ravens will never get to the Superbowl as long as Cam is directing the offense. Joe will never reach his full potential as long as Cam is running the offense.

Cam might be the problem but by extension Harbaugh is the problem also. If you were the head coach and Cam called 8 straight pass plays to start the 3rd qtr and threw on EVERY 3rd and 2 or shorter for the game when your best player on offense is averaging 9 yds a carry wouldn't you grab him by the throat and say WTF is a matter with you?

Blog Entries

GOTA hit is right on the head its about making adjustments and using the personnel you got to their strengths rather than their weakness, something our Coordinators have no idea of doing and something Harbs still has no idea of doing. Jim seems to be putting Smith in situations where he can succeed rather than fail, and their defense is playing solid they are not all star lined up they have great players at key positions much like us their coordinators just make good adjustments throughout games.