Viewing for Art This Saturday, 11 am - 1 pm, at M&T Bank Stadium

Details from the team are as follows:

Fans are invited to say their goodbyes to the man who brought football back to Baltimore.

The Ravens are holding a silent tribute for former Owner Art Modell at M&T Bank Stadium this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Modell’s casket will be on the field, and the Lombardi Trophy he hoisted in 2001 will sit right next to the casket. A card saluting Modell will be handed out to each person in attendance.

In honor of Modell, it is suggested that fans wear purple.

Fans attending the service should park in Lot B/C and then enter Gate A of the stadium via Unitas Plaza.

Blog Entries

Re: Viewing for Art This Saturday, 11 am - 1 pm, at M&T Bank Stadium

WOW, that is AWESOME!!! Wish I could go, gotta work the Ren-Faire... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    WOW, that is AWESOME!!! Wish I could go, gotta work the Ren-Faire... *sigh*
    I'll be there from the 'shore.
    (hubby will be in the press box at Camden Yards that evening, and with his "layover" and having two toddlers I'll be alone)

If anyone is going and wants to meet up, let me know

Btw, I know the article said wear Purple..are Jersey's appropriate? I get Modell's connection to the Ravens, but I still almost feel funny wearing a football jersey to a viewing.. opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries
    That is a really cool thing to do.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

At first I thought this was a bit macabre, but after thinking about it for a bit, this is really awesome. Sending Art out in the Bank where he watched his ONLY Super Bowl team get him there? And getting one last chance to lay next to the Lombardi. It's a great sendoff.

I'll be at Tough Mudder in Frederick, MD though.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'm going.

I said it in the other thread but I'll repeat it here.

Art Modell is a hero to this city in general, and my family specifically. The joy my loved ones and I have been given by this football team are immeasurable. Art deserves the highest honors we can bestow on him.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I'm going.

I said it in the other thread but I'll repeat it here.

Art Modell is a hero to this city in general, and my family specifically. The joy my loved ones and I have been given by this football team are immeasurable. Art deserves the highest honors we can bestow on him.
    Agreed. I to will go there. Not because Art brought football back to Baltimore, not because he brought this city a Lombardi Trophy. I will be going to pay my respects to a man who put a huge smile on my then 10yrs old sons face simply by taking the time to have a brief conversation with him at an event. I know thats what guys like Art are expected to do at these type of events but he had a way about him that made you feel that YOU were doing him the favor rather than the other way around. My son was actually the one who called me and told me about Art's illness when he heard about it through the media and though an young adult now, I could tell from his voice he was upset to hear such news as was I.

There has been much talk about Art's Hall of Fame status. While I like many others on this board believe he should be in that Hall, Art leaves behind a far more important legacy. He leaves behind many many people who loved him as man, as person and as a human being. At the end of the day you do not measure a persons life in awards and plaques, you measure it by how they impacted people on a daily basis. In that regard Art was a Hall of Fame Human Being...RIP Art
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis