Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AP Pro32 comments about the Ravens

Can you find the error? lol

NEW YORK (AP) -- Comments on the Baltimore Ravens by the AP Pro32 panel (ranking in parentheses):
    ---
    BALTIMORE RAVENS (5)
    Chris Berman (ESPN, 4) - After all, Ravens should have been in Super Bowl.

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 5) - Joe Flacco looks terrific; using more no-huddle gives offense more pizazz. Even if defense slips, they'll reach double figures in wins.

Cris Collinsworth (NBC Sports, 7) - Ray Lewis lost weight. Ray Rice got paid. Joe Flacco ready for breakout year.

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 3) - Flacco takes next step in his development as a franchise QB

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 3) - Joe Flacco looks ready for breakout season. If that's case, team goes deep into January. Perhaps beyond.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 9) - Last two Super Bowl champions finished 2-2 in preseason. Ravens were one of 11 teams at 2-2 this August.

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 10) - Not sure why, but have a feeling Ravens might be sliding backward.

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 7) - Ray Lewis & Co. have every intention of making Peyton Manning's Denver debut Sunday evening a Rocky Mountain Low.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 6) - Offense looked impressive to me on my camp tour. I really liked their no-huddle attack. Defense may not be driving force they once were but far from a liability.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 5) - Suggs loss hurts immensely but team knows window is closing and will play with urgency reflecting that.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 8) - I had Ravens ranked 17th in last poll because of pass-rush concerns. I'm now convinced Baltimore's three top young offensive players (quarterback Joe Flacco, running back Ray Rice and wide receiver Torrey Smith) can help compensate any defensive drop-off.

Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 4) - Offense should be better than ever, but Ravens still need to figure out how to replace Terrell Suggs.

Re: AP Pro32 comments about the Ravens

Does Ira Kaufman watch football? LOL!

Blog Entries

You sit at a computer and type what you're going to say...all he had to do was look up the damn schedule.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I love how John Lynch thinks our window is closing. If enough of them say it long enough, it might actually come true some day. The window has been closing since 2008, that's a long fucking time to close a window.

As for Mr. Kaufman......oy....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Sportswriters and weathermen, two professions where you can always be wrong and still get paid.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Does Ira Kaufman watch football? LOL!
    How about reading a schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    How about reading a schedule?
    Now you are just getting all crazy up in here!
    Maybe Ira's window is closing.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I love how John Lynch thinks our window is closing. If enough of them say it long enough, it might actually come true some day. The window has been closing since 2008, that's a long fucking time to close a window.

As for Mr. Kaufman......oy....
    It's a really big window.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    You sit at a computer and type what you're going to say...all he had to do was look up the damn schedule.
    It's amazing how some guys can't even get the basics right

It's funny how so many prognosticators feel that the Ravens defense is going to drop off, yet when they talk about the Steelers there is no mention of James Harrison's injury problems, and whether or not he will be effective, or the people that they have lost.

BFD...these clowns. Save for Cosell, King and this place right here, the online nfl media segment gets very little ad revenue from me. Too many jackos with irrevelant opinions.

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver