Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Re: Billy Cundiff appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I love America because of your post.
    If only I had a nickel for every time I heard that. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    That's a little harsh, don't you think?
    Nope. I was speculating ("I think", "may") based on what I'd seen coaches do in the past for good players they knew they couldn't keep, and the end result is that they both end up with a job. The post I replied to was just kicking him while he's down.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Nope. I was speculating ("I think", "may") based on what I'd seen coaches do in the past for good players they knew they couldn't keep, and the end result is that they both end up with a job. The post I replied to was just kicking him while he's down.
    That's a pretty weak distinction, and a pretty lousy excuse for name calling.

As you just said to somebody else, welcome to my ignore list.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

They don't call Billy a journey man for nutten.

What's this - his 20th team?

You need a score card to keep up.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-28-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Blog Entries

The Ravens really kind of were in a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of scenario.

Keep Cundiff because he did have a good camp and was a vet with a lot of money invested into him, but get rid of a potential star in Justin Tucker? Or go with the unknown commodity who obliterated this off-season with his leg strength, accuracy, and confidence...but has never kicked in an NFL game...

That was definitely a tough decision.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

6. Re: Billy Cundiff appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    They don't call Billy a journey man for nutten.

What's this - his 20th team?

You need a score card to keep up.

10 teams since 2006.

I am glad Mr. Cundiff had the best season of his journeyman NFL career with the Baltimore Ravens and I wish him a hearty good luck and godspeed.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Re: Billy Cundiff appreciation threat

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    This thread personifies how america has gone soft. You evidently cant hold millionaires accountable for doing their jobs. I know I have personally gone above and beyond in a few posts but honestly, billy cundiff got his appreciation from that big ass contract. If I screw the pooch at work and cost the company the big account, i am not going to think i deserve a pat on the back. He cashed the checks. The downside to being an NFL player when you cash in the millions of dollars means you have to face the music to the public when you don't do your job. He screwed the pooch badly and was paid millions to do it. ZERO SYMPATHY.
    "Billy Cundiff - you're why America has lost its way!"

Ease back on the 420 a tad, there Raver. Save some for when you drop by Sec 527...

He signed a too generous contract after one record year of touchbacks. Unfortunately, it was signed the same year they moved the KO up 5 yds. and made touchbacks routine until December. Suddenly he made too much $, too few FGs on the road, and no FGs from beyond about 48 yds. And yeah, that shank in NE [which in part is on the coaching staff's sideline panic] was never to be forgotten by anyone. I bid on and won an autographed panel ball signed by Cundiff in 2/12 which is now the "olde oaken bucket", etc, etc. that I will exchange w/ my Pats fan brother in law after every Ravens v. Pats game: the winner keeps the Cundiff Ball until it is won back in a future contest. That's how I will appreciate Billy Goat Cundiff going forward.

The competition was the veteran's to lose and he lost it, not by a mile but by enough when you figure in that Tucker hits kicks from 50+, saves a couple million in cap space, and can punt in a emergency w/ Koch, or maybe even a trick play where Koch tosses him back the snap. Tucker also has no stench of death about him as of yet. I like the kid's attitude as he has shown it under the microscope of this July & August.

Hey, I'm personally looking forward to hearing "Tucker's extra point is good" over the PA this season:D
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 08-30-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    That's a pretty weak distinction, and a pretty lousy excuse for name calling.

As you just said to somebody else, welcome to my ignore list.
    *singing star spangled banner complete with shaky voice and moistened eyes*