Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Billy Cundiff appreciation threat

This is sad. Cundiff did well in 2010, and did a passable job last year despite playing with an injured calf at the end of the year. He also made 11 of 12 FG's in the playoffs in his three seasons here. You're seriously bummed; fine, so was I. But I didn't think Ravens' fans treated players this way. As Sam Wyche once said to unruly fans, "You don't live in Cleveland".

Very eye-opening, and very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    This is sad. Cundiff did well in 2010, and did a passable job last year despite playing with an injured calf at the end of the year. He also made 11 of 12 FG's in the playoffs in his three seasons here. You're seriously bummed; fine, so was I. But I didn't think Ravens' fans treated players this way. As Sam Wyche once said to unruly fans, "You don't live in Cleveland".

Get over it. A Ronnie Prude pity party would have had a lot less bitterness.

A quarter century from now people will remember exactly one thing about Billy Cundiff. One. And it won't be the touchbacks in 2010.

One for seven over two years at 50+. What did he do that we're supposed to feel bad that he's gone? Heck, I was happy to see Jamal Lewis go, and that dude literally carried the offense for a while. Billy Cundiff is just another guy to wear the jersey, memorable only because, in a certain light, he resembles Bill Buckner.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

It seems to be a trend among Raven fans, but not isolated to Raven fans, to slam a player as he heads out the door.

We did it to Derrick Mason too. I mean, Mason was the soul of our offense for five years and never missed a game in purple. He showed up, worked his ass off every day, and put up great numbers without the aid of great QB play. Most important of all in my mind was that December 2008 Saturday night in Dallas when he kept dislocating his shoulder and refused to come out of the game. He caught a TD, made a several crucial 3rd down catches, and even recovered a key fumble to preserve a scoring drive. If there was one moment in Raven history that defined what "playing like a Raven" was all about, that was it. Without Mason that night, our #2 WR would have been Marcus "0-career-catch" Smith and the Ravens almost certainly would have lost. A loss that night meant the playoff-clinching win against JAX never happens and the Ravens are home for the playoffs instead of in Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship. Yet, 2 1/2 years later, well over 50% of the people here were calling him a baby, an ingrate, and a bad teammate and were talking about how happy they were to have him out the door (probably happy until they saw his replacement Evans drop that ball). If Derrick Mason, one of the all-time great Ravens, got that treatment, I guess we should have seen this fate for Cundiff.

For me personally, regardless of their performance on the field, you will rarely hear me say a bad word about a Raven player. The exception being if they do something unsportsmanlike, something that displays a lack of effort, or if they do something stupid off the field. I'm not sad to see Cundiff go, but I do think he got a bit of a raw deal, and I certainly feel like these names he's being called are ridiculous and childish. I guess I should get used to them, though, because I'm sure we'll see more of the same from some of these lower-class fans when/if Ed Reed moves to a new location after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Get over it.
    I am over it. Lots of people on this thread obviously aren't.

Blog Entries

Ok Luke don't get carried away now i think you are generalizing
    Alot Cundiff is one thing, Derrick Mason is another, so is Ed Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Ok Luke don't get carried away now i think you are generalizing
    Alot Cundiff is one thing, Derrick Mason is another, so is Ed Reed.
    You don't remember the pounding Derrick Mason took here last summer right around the time he was released?

Obviously, the treatment of Cundiff is deservedly worse, but seeing how Mason was impaled with negative comments here, I guess the same was in store to an even worse degree with Billy.

If Ed Reed takes his services elsewhere after this year, you don't expect there to a vocal group here calling him names over how he handled his "holdout" and contract whining? I hope to never see the day, but if it arrives, I would be shocked if there isn't a group here saying "good riddance" to the 3rd best Raven ever. It's just the nature of this message board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    You don't remember the pounding Derrick Mason took here last summer right around the time he was released?

Obviously, the treatment of Cundiff is deservedly worse, but seeing how Mason was impaled with negative comments here, I guess the same was in store to an even worse degree with Billy.

If Ed Reed takes his services elsewhere after this year, you don't expect there to a vocal group here calling him names over how he handled his "holdout" and contract whining? I hope to never see the day, but if it arrives, I would be shocked if there isn't a group here saying "good riddance" to the 3rd best Raven ever. It's just the nature of this message board.
    yes i do recall the shlacking Mason got, but not all of us in here on this Cundiff thread was like that. I agree there are just some people that will not be happy about players leaving this team and maybe thats just their way of coping with it. Hell go look at the Carey Williams thread, that's a prime example of how some fans are, but alot of us give credit where its due, Cundiff is a topic that will leave a sour taste in all types fans mouths regardless.

I am over it. Lots of people on this thread obviously aren't.
    I think many, many Ravens fans aren't over Cundiff's contribution to our team's history. It may take awhile.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I think many, many Ravens fans aren't over Cundiff's contribution to our team's history. It may take awhile.
    i never will, it will end up on 3box dvd set of NEs Superbowl ( even though they fell short) run along with lee evans bitch ass to contribute to that loss..smh..

Re: Billy Cundiff appreciation thread

mare, brown, rackers will all find work before billy goat

I do appreciate the fact that the biggest roster shake up the Ravens have to worry about this year is the place kicker! It should be an excellent season!

just wanted to show off the new avatar.