Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: McKinnie Gone????

I am sure the Ravens did not lightly decide to do this. If it comes to this point in the day for them to decide to drop him then a) he must have forced their hand and/or b) someone better is available / there.

Is there anyone recently cut that might be a better candidate than the physically gifted yet mentally unstable Mr. McKinnie?

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Bryant McKinnie in a text to me when asked if he's off the team: "Yes."

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Bryant McKinnie in a text to me when asked if he's off the team: "Yes."

Blog Entries

Harbs has a presser at 4pm.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Wow, this is probably the biggest news we've had since the Suggs injury broke out! Something happens around here for once!

I don't know what to think of this, other than the fact that me and Wicked told you all so.

Will we use that saved cap space on a vet FA pass rusher?

What? God bless our o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Garrett Downing just said on the live chat that according to the sun and WNST McKinnie is no longer a Raven.
    I trust in Oz as much as anyone, but this - and expecially the timing - smells very bad. Our OL was shaky as it was. If they cut McKinnie just to save a million and throw the entire line out of whack 6 days before the opener and not have a solid countermove up their sleeve - then I am pissed.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

If a vested veteran, like McKinnie, plays week 1 his salary is guaranteed for the season. The team must have felt that they didn't want to guarantee that salary. I would not be shocked if McKinnie isn't signed by his new team after week 1 for the same reason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wow, this is probably the biggest news we've had since the Suggs injury broke out! Something happens around here for once!

I don't know what to think of this, other than the fact that me and Wicked told you all so.

Will we use that saved cap space on a vet FA pass rusher?
    There aren't any FA pass rushers this time of year.

Blog Entries

Theres still no question this team is stronger with McKinnie KO Birk Yanda Oher than Oher Wiliams Birk Yanda KO. its a dumb move regardless, no matter how well Oher looked in preseason, it was still the preseason, where #1s are only looking to make it through without injury vs actual games. Trying to save some money may have cost them some depth along the OL which in all honesty with Williams/Birk we may need.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    First, screw McKinnie.

Second, why didn't the team do this earlier?
    This is why they started Oher at LT. They weren't simply upset at McKinnie, but they wanted to legitimately see if they could get out of having to deal with him. To the surprise of the fans, Michael Oher held up very well at LT.

We've seen this from the Ravens before. Before guaranteeing Dannell Ellerbe a spot beside Ray, they moved McClain to ILB and made Ellerbe earn it, which he did not. Now, McClain is a legitimate starting ILB.

This is what is going on. Oher actually played better at the position this off-season than McKinnie. Oher got himself into better shape and displays more effort on the field, which means his issues are more correctable, because any of them would likely be technical. They don't feel like gambling on McKinnie's in and out effort. They've probably been trying to do it for a couple of weeks now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This is a stupid move. I would not be surprised if McKinnie signs with the Steelers, and the Ravens live to regret this decision. If you are going to cut McKinnie, then fine, but you don't wait until 6 days before the season opener to do it. Plus, you have a better backup plan than Oher. Oher is NOT a LT. The Ravens were thin on the OL as it was. Now, they have no depth whatsoever.