Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 323334

Re: Game thread- Jacksonville @ Baltimore (Pre season)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I do agree with this sentiment, but Jacoby did have 1 kick off return where he almost broke it for a TD.
    True. I probably need to watch it again; at first glance I had attributed most of that to the blocking, but I may be remembering it incorrectly.

And I still think Jones is probably the best returner, but not by so much as to make him invaluable. My main concern is him being the #3 WR by default. I really think Laquan deserves it, and I probably would put Tandon in ahead of Jones also.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    LOL at the fans screaming at Joe making him blush. I want to say its girls screaming at him...but we all know it's grown ass men.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    LOL at the fans screaming at Joe making him blush. I want to say its girls screaming at him...but we all know it's grown ass men.
    lolwut

Seriously? I missed it. Haha...

"Joe is running the show" - Torrey Smith
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    lolwut

Seriously? I missed it. Haha...
    If you got DVR, you got to rewind it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Good night all around for the Ravens. Coaches will have a hard time with the cut(s). I like having that dilemna and not the other way artound. Still, miss seeing T Sizzle on the field..still sucks even after all this time. Oh well, can't wait to start singing...."are you ready for some football?"

I'm out...work tomorrow beckons.

can someone please give me an in-depth analysis of the o-line situation this game. internets been screwed and they don't show preseason games in Canada. Thanks guys

Blog Entries

I didn't hear a lot of issues on the OL. Part of that, was because we were LOCKED IN to a no-huddle, quick hit attack.

Oher played well, but had a FS. The few sacks on Joe were coverage sacks.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The offensive line in general played well, Bryant McKinnie made a few mistakes, but nothing to worry about. I don't get all the hate the unit gets half the time. Michael Oher played well minus one False start as pointed out above.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I didn't hear a lot of issues on the OL. Part of that, was because we were LOCKED IN to a no-huddle, quick hit attack.

Oher played well, but had a FS. The few sacks on Joe were coverage sacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast
    The offensive line in general played well, Bryant McKinnie made a few mistakes, but nothing to worry about. I don't get all the hate the unit gets half the time. Michael Oher played well minus one False start as pointed out above.
    Bull shit. It is definitely something to be concerned with if McKinnie is actually going to be the starting LT this year. He just doesn't look like he's into it out there.

Both sacks were because of McKinnie.

The first was the Jags DL did a stunt and McKinnie followed the DE right into KO and let the DT (Knighton) go untouched around McKinnie and right on top of Joe. The second sack Joe was rolling to the right and Mincey just schooled McKinnie and came right up behind Joe for a strip/sack.

I'm sorry, but everyone on the OL played pretty well last night. Oher had a false start, which came when Flacco killed a play and was calling an audible and KO had a holding penalty. Other than that, no one was really out of position or anything.

As far as I am concerned, Oher should start at LT over McKinnie based on what we have seen from both guys this pre-season. Oher handled the Lions' starting ends and Oher stood well at LT in the 1st pre-season game against the Falcon's starting DE's. McKinnie looked good against 2nd stringers, but Mincey pretty much owned him last night. On the sack/strip McKinnie just stopped and threw his hands in the air as he watched the ball bounce around on the turf. At least Oher had the wherewithal to fall on the damn ball to maintain possession.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Bull shit. It is definitely something to be concerned with if McKinnie is actually going to be the starting LT this year. He just doesn't look like he's into it out there.

Both sacks were because of McKinnie.

The first was the Jags DL did a stunt and McKinnie followed the DE right into KO and let the DT (Knighton) go untouched around McKinnie and right on top of Joe. The second sack Joe was rolling to the right and Mincey just schooled McKinnie and came right up behind Joe for a strip/sack.

I'm sorry, but everyone on the OL played pretty well last night. Oher had a false start, which came when Flacco killed a play and was calling an audible and KO had a holding penalty. Other than that, no one was really out of position or anything.

As far as I am concerned, Oher should start at LT over McKinnie based on what we have seen from both guys this pre-season. Oher handled the Lions' starting ends and Oher stood well at LT in the 1st pre-season game against the Falcon's starting DE's. McKinnie looked good against 2nd stringers, but Mincey pretty much owned him last night. On the sack/strip McKinnie just stopped and threw his hands in the air as he watched the ball bounce around on the turf. At least Oher had the wherewithal to fall on the damn ball to maintain possession.
    I've been cautiously optimistic about Oher at LT but your right in preseason he's outplayed Mckinnie. He also looks to be in great shape and better equipped to handle the new pace we are playing at, plus KO has been tremendous at RT, i'll have to re-watch last nights game to see just how he faired at LG(I was mostly looking at Joe's footwork, offensive personnel, etc.). The best combo of players looks to be Oher,Williams,Birk,Yanda,KO.

If Mckinnie were taking snaps at RT maybe you could make it Mckinnie vs. Williams for a starting nod but Mckinnie never seems to really get after it in the run game and again KO has been very good over there. I think you have to go with the best combo...personally a couple weeks ago i thought Mckinnie being late then put on the 2nd unit was a blessing in disguise because he'd have to work hard and grind to get his starting position back, and for all we know he could be working very hard but Oher and KO are bringing it, and that lineup as a whole i feel is really gelling. I think we have our starting unit now.