Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Osemele will start opening game, McKinnie in danger to make roster

Bryant McKinnie is still not in shape in BAL and is in danger of not making the team. He must beat out Oher for the LT spot because the team is going with Kelechi Osemele at RT, and he makes too much to be the #3 tackle. Ryan McBean out for the year, hurts the depth on DL. Courtney Upshaw still looks about 10 pounds heavier than he should and I hear he hasn't endeared himself to Ray Lewis for his practice habits. And Bobby Rainey is making the most of Bernard Pierce's injury and has at least locked up a practice squad slot, if not the #3 RB and RS job. Dude has a lot of Darren Sproles to his game only not as fast.
    This guy is 100% legit. His name is Jeff Risdon and is a writer for a sports website. I wont post the site since maybe the admins dont like links to other websites.

Re: Osemele will start opening game, McKinnie in danger to make roster

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Reed View Post
    This guy is 100% legit. His name is Jeff Risdon and is a writer for a sports website. I wont post the site since maybe the admins dont like links to other websites.
    It would be a terrible decision to cut him, he is still our best tackle and we are thin at tackle. I would hate to see a lineup without Oher if he got injured and Mckinnie was cut. The STeelers would be licking their chops.

Rainey won't make it to the practice squad - there are too many other teams in need of a good running back. The running backs on the 53 man roster will be Rice, Pierce and Rainey

Blog Entries

I don't believe this for a second. McKinnie is the best LT on team.

and has already started taking first team reps again....

I don't doubt that McKinnie is not in good stead, and they do like Osemele. Which is why McKinnie is working with the second team.

However, to say that the team is contemplating cutting the veteran is a little hard to believe. It sounds like speculation more than insight about what the team is really thinking. Sure, I get that if he isn't a starter, that's a lot of money to commit.

But it's also taking on a lot risk to bank on Oher making the switch, starting the rookie on the right side, and having both backed up by two injury-prone, untested prospects in Harewood and Reid.

If anything, McKinnie is an insurance policy well worth the money if Oher and Osemele wobble. (How odd is it, by the way, to have two tackles with last names starting with O?). And he could always continue to get into better shape and contribute as the season and he progresses. (Besides, do we really know that he's not in shape? Might his second-team status currently be Harbaugh's way of simply putting him in the doghouse and telling him that his bullshit won't be tolerated here, like it was in Minnesota?)

Yeah, Yanda could kick out to tackle, but then you have the mess of filling right guard with....whom? One of the guys who washed out at tackle? Reid? I shudder to think of is, particularly when Bobbie Williams looked a lot worse than McKinnie did in one preseason game.

Suffice it to say Harbaugh is shuffling guys around and looking for a formula that is going to work best. "Five best players, rah, rah, rah, blah, blah, blah, and all that."

But I seriously doubt it's coming down to McKinnie has to be one of the five or he's off the team altogether.

I don't buy this story at all, it completely contradicts what has been coming out of camp the last couple of days.

April Fools came early this season?

NO WAY!!! McKinney just got back with the 1st, wth happened since then? He was out of shape last yr and would be a mistake to let him go when at LT he is the best option.

The only thing that I can think of that would prompt this talk is the KO is doing so well that they feel he needs to start on the OL. If so, why not KO at LG like Ogden did and maybe get the LT spot when they move on from McKinney?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Reed View Post
    Umm. You're wrong. Especially when you post unsourced drivel like this.

You need to back this one up. And if this is from RealGM.com, I'd hardly call him or his site legit.

Blog Entries

Seems like a bunch of BS to me, but after completely shooting that guy down for reporting that Suggs had tore his ACL before any of us really knew, I am going to keep my mouth shut on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Umm. You're wrong. Especially when you post unsourced drivel like this.

You need to back this one up. And if this is from RealGM.com, I'd hardly call him or his site legit.
    The site itself is a joke, but Jeff Risdon isnt. Lets see how this plays out then.