Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Osemele will start opening game, McKinnie in danger to make roster

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I could see them possibly going with Osemele at right tackle, but no way in hell does Oher start on the left side. If that's the case, then the Ravens are mailing in the season. This will be Oher's last training camp with the Ravens and, hopefully, he gets cut before the season starts. Its time the front office admitted that they made a huge mistake drafting that garbage.
    Not going to happen. Oher will be here - and starting - this year and next.

I can understand people being disappointed with Oher, but this is a bit over the top.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Not going to happen. Oher will be here - and starting - this year and next.

I can understand people being disappointed with Oher, but this is a bit over the top.
    Why? He's terrible, especially on the left side. Two plays stood out to me in the first quarter of Thursday night's game. First of all, he totally wiffed on a block that let a defender go untouched and his Ray rice for a loss. Secondly, on another play, he let abraham bull rush him into the pocket where flacco had to step up (almost before his feet were even planted) and get sacked. On yet another play, they overloaded the left side and even had Rice on the left side of the backfield apparently to give Oher help. Most of the other plays in that quarter seemed to go to the right side. It appeared to me that the Ravens had no confidence in him, so they ran plays where he wouldn't be a factor.

Blog Entries

I share steel hater's sentiment and everyone knows I've been saying this
    since Day 1, but Ravor is right.

Oz will never admit this huge mistake. Never.

He'll give him a big signing bonus before he cuts him.

NICKS ISN'T AS GOOD A PLAYER AS MICHAEL OHER.

DECOSTA TO ME & NEST 1 AUDIENCE 4 DAYS AFTER OHER WAS DRAFTED
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-15-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Why? He's terrible, especially on the left side. Two plays stood out to me in the first quarter of Thursday night's game. First of all, he totally wiffed on a block that let a defender go untouched and his Ray rice for a loss. Secondly, on another play, he let abraham bull rush him into the pocket where flacco had to step up (almost before his feet were even planted) and get sacked. On yet another play, they overloaded the left side and even had Rice on the left side of the backfield apparently to give Oher help. Most of the other plays in that quarter seemed to go to the right side. It appeared to me that the Ravens had no confidence in him, so they ran plays where he wouldn't be a factor.
    You do realise that any tackle in this league can get ball rushed from time to time, Jake Long, and Joe Thomas make mistakes too. It's a very very hard position to play no matter how big or athletic you are. Apart from QB, it's arguably the hardest position in the game. Michael Oher is no where near as bad as what you are saying he is, for starters when he started in 2010 on the left side, sure he wasn't great, he looked lost at times. However, McKinnie, who a lot of you all seem to think is still a premium tackle in this league, gave up more sacks and just as many pressures in 2011 that Oher gave up in 2010. Our season would be far from over if Oher was to be named the starting LT, which he wont be, McKinnie is going to start his final year as a Raven. Next year we are likely to either invest a first round pick on a big athletic left tackle, or don't be surprised to see Oher as next years LT, with Reid or Osemele on the right side.

I thought he had a pretty decent game against the Falcons. He was lined up against one of the better pass rushers in the league, and apart from one or two mistakes, he looked pretty good.

Blog Entries

I'm not the biggest Oher fan but it's because of the penalties primarily. He's been pretty solid and a constant starter so it's hard to say he hasn't lived up. Will he be here after next year? Not if another team over pays him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I thought he had a pretty decent game against the Falcons. He was lined up against one of the better pass rushers in the league, and apart from one or two mistakes, he looked pretty good.
    i dont think McKinnie is a premier LT, just better than Oher (sacks/pressure per attempt were less as we threw more in 2011), but even i admit he didnt look bad against ATL. if there was a bright spot along the line it was mostly he and KO.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Sounds like a bunch of BS. If McKinnie was in "danger" of getting cut, he wouldn't be getting 1st team reps.

Can you post your source, Ed? (I don't think anyone minds links to articles to be discussed here, correct me if I'm wrong mods)

A few minutes googling "bryant mckinnie jeff risdon" returned... this thread. Even realgm didn't see to have an article on it (that I could find at least), so I'm curious where this came from.

Why? He's terrible, especially on the left side. ......Most of the other plays in that quarter seemed to go to the right side. It appeared to me that the Ravens had no confidence in him, so they ran plays where he wouldn't be a factor.
    Sorry, but I think you are seeing what you want to see.

Oher may not have been worthy of #22 overall, but he's far from terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Oz will never admit this huge mistake. Never.
    When Oher is the 2nd best OT on your team, there's nothing to admit and certainly no reason to cut him. He's not been great, but he's far from a bust.

BTW, weren't you also saying that they should have taken Britt over Oher too? Britt is great when he plays, but those off field issues are the reason A LOT of teams passed on him.

Trap, you keep beating this drum, congrats, you got one right. No offense, though, but still I'll take Ozzie's and DeCosta's track record!

Blog Entries

The Ravens really need to get Osemele more snaps at LG. McKinnie is the best LT and Oher is the best RT on the Ravens. It doesn't look as though Bobbie Williams will be able to hold up all season at LG, so they need to get Osemele ready. If Harbaugh is just trying to motivate McKinnie then fine, but he better not go overboard with his doghouse crap. The Ravens do not have the necessary depth on the OL for that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm not the biggest Oher fan but it's because of the penalties primarily. He's been pretty solid and a constant starter so it's hard to say he hasn't lived up. Will he be here after next year? Not if another team over pays him.
    Still two years away before we have to start worrying about his contract.