Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Any interest in Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps?

And Demps ran for 2,470 yards and 23 touchdowns and averaged 28.8 yards per kickoff return at Florida, so he has a résumé that should impress NFL teams. It would be surprising if he’s not in some team’s training camp soon.
    He runs a 4.2 forty yard dash. Could be an option as a kick returner...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ay-in-the-nfl/

Re: Any interest in Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps?

Idk, this player is a little different in that he just doesn't have speed, he has world class speed. I'm conflicted with the fact there is no one with that kind of speed at the RB position currently, but would we even need that. Ironically my first thought is that the Steelers have Chris Rainey.

Blog Entries

I'd definitely consider it, Jeff Demps was thought by some people to be an even better player to Chris Rainey before Jeff decided to go to the Olympic trials.

May as well add Bolt to the slot running deep posts. That should open things up

Blog Entries

The thing I like about Demps is that he has played college football. He isn't just a track guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Idk, this player is a little different in that he just doesn't have speed, he has world class speed. I'm conflicted with the fact there is no one with that kind of speed at the RB position currently, but would we even need that. Ironically my first thought is that the Steelers have Chris Rainey.

Apparently you ddidn't hear that Chris Johnson thinks he would be Usain Bolt in a football style 40 and that if he trained he might beat Bolt in the 100m dash....

LOLOLOLOLOL

Blog Entries

Chris Johnson needs to worry about running for more than 9 yards a game right now, rather than beating Usain Bolt in an 100 m race (which we all know would just never happen lol...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Chris Johnson needs to worry about running for more than 9 yards a game right now, rather than beating Usain Bolt in an 100 m race (which we all know would just never happen lol...)
    Haha, you really dont like him. Despite a down year after a hold out, not unlike our own terrel suggs, hes still a pretty darn good back. Although i do hope people feel the same as you in my fantasy league.

Demps i do believe is better than rainey but im not sure about wear and tear. Hes smaller and needs to balk up. I am intrigued though, and hes worthy of a shot i just have a feeling hes going to have his pick and hes going somewhere hell have a chance to play not just make the team.

Bolts intriguing as well 6'6" with damn near sub 4.2 speed... Although hed be even more raw than streeter who isnt likely to mKe the team right now.

Nfl is a hell of a lot more than straight speed, and thats why i love it more than college.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Apparently you ddidn't hear that Chris Johnson thinks he would be Usain Bolt in a football style 40 and that if he trained he might beat Bolt in the 100m dash....

LOLOLOLOLOL

That silly CJ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post

That silly CJ.
    Just my opinion but honestly i think he might. Bolt is slow out or the blocks and cj is quick. Youre talking about roughly 1/3 of the distance, that matters a lot. Spikes vs track shoes is another issue. Its not as far fetched as it may seem, especially with demps, an sec football player, being an olympic representative.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

didn't Dallas have a track star returning kicks in their preseason game last night? he got about 4 inches and was pummeled so his speed didn't help

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Just my opinion but honestly i think he might. Bolt is slow out or the blocks and cj is quick. Youre talking about roughly 1/3 of the distance, that matters a lot. Spikes vs track shoes is another issue. Its not as far fetched as it may seem, especially with demps, an sec football player, being an olympic representative.
    If we're talking about 40 yards, I don't think Bolts time would be all that. I'd say CJ could beat him over 40 yards, but it's that second gear speed that Bolt has, insane. But like I said, CJ looked dreadful against the Seahawks too btw, I know it's pre season. But he dropped a bunch of screen passes, and had like 7 carries for 9 yards lol.

He could come back and be great again, but he has to get back working hard. Terrell Suggs is a LB/DE remember not a back who age a lot quicker (even if pass rushers do take their fare share of beating)