The Linebacker Factory

I love the linebacker factory that is the Baltimore Ravens.

How great is the wizardry that is Ozzie Newsome...Run down the list of drafted Ravens 'backers'

Start with the mold...A.M. 980 had a spot tonight referencing 'I saw ... blah' where 'blah' was a player you have 'encyclopedic knowledge of' for example, Steve Czabin <-sp? talked to seeing every hole Tiger hit at a major.

My first thought was number 52. This guy is a mold that all future linebackers will follow...go through the list. Ray, Peter, Jamie, Sizzle, Scott, Thomas, and the rest.

GO RAVENS ROOKIE LINEBACKERS! If Barnes can't go then go get it Burgess, and Jones!

You guys are studs and molded in the vintage Ravens tradition.

Naturals and obviously solid contributors to a historically superior defensive tradition.

Mike Preston said this may have been the best Ravens draft in a long time. That's saying something and you know that Preston calls it like he sees it.

Re: The Linebacker Factory

Preston accentuates the negative, so to say something nice is a good sign.
    the final cuts this year are really, really gonna hurt. I wonder if Haley and Stills will stay.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I agree, good post, except

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGlennDale View Post
    Mike Preston said this may have been the best Ravens draft in a long time. That's saying something and you know that Preston calls it like he sees it.
    Mike Preston is an idiot, he is the stopped clock that is right twice a day. He makes a career out of 'calling like he sees it' and seeing it wrong. . .

Anyway, you are spot on about linebackers & the Ravens.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I think Haley & Stills are fine. It's Smith & Cody that are gone! Don't look for either one to come off PUP. They will both have a serious uphill battle next year to make the team!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Isn't Stills' spot on the team safe because of his special teams contributions?

Since he broke the Ravens record with 40-some Special Teams tackles, had the second most in NFL history, and was totally screwed out of the Pro Bowl... I would say YES!

Stills, as mentioned, isn't going anywhere.

Smith and Haley will probably go PS. Maybe someone gets cut? I think Burgess makes the team but Jones won't...depends how much Jones shows though.

- C -

I think any team in the league would jump at the chance to get ANY Ravens Linebacker off the Practice Squad! I don't think Haley will end up there, although Jones might.

It's true, any ravens LB on the p.s. will get looked at. Remember Savage is in Cle watching very hard.

But this year's final cut will be brutal.