Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: The O's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT: The O's

are showing some heart lately...

Re: OT: The O's

I'm sure this will be moved, but...

Back to back series wins against Boston and New York in August is nice.

Too bad they just wasted a draft pick on Wieters since the cheap-ass FO seems surprised at his contract demands.

So much for that :) Wieters just signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    So much for that :) Wieters just signed.
    While Im happy they signed Wieters, I couldn't help notice this quote from the article in the sun.

"They got the deal done," said an elated Orioles scouting director Joe Jordan. "You can tell the city of Baltimore that the old evil owner stepped up and took care of things tonight. We had to fight to the end."

Typical of this organization.

Even when they do something tood, they manage to find a way to undermine it.

And here's a newsflash for Mr. Jordan and his scouting department. IT'S THE WORST IN BASEBALL AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    "They got the deal done," said an elated Orioles scouting director Joe Jordan. "You can tell the city of Baltimore that the old evil owner stepped up and took care of things tonight. We had to fight to the end."

It really is. I noticed that too. For a minute there I thought they didn't want to sign Wieters because Nestor was saying it was the right thing to do. (just like the "Baltimore" road jersey debacle)

The signing really is a good thing though. This kid looks like he's going to be a star.

"They got the deal done," said an elated Orioles scouting director Joe Jordan. "You can tell the city of Baltimore that the old evil owner stepped up and took care of things tonight. We had to fight to the end.
    Brilliant PR. What an idiot.

And...

Angelos is still old and evil.

While Im happy they signed Wieters, I couldn't help notice this quote from the article in the sun.

And here's a newsflash for Mr. Jordan and his scouting department. IT'S THE WORST IN BASEBALL AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS.

PP
    The evil owner has let this city down many other times. For once he did the right thing. What does he want a cookie?
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

8. Re: OT: The O's

PP

Maybe it's me but I thought the comment was kinda funny. I think is was just a throwaway jab at the media in general and NST in particular. I just like the fact that they got the job done on thier terms. Drew Forrester bitched about it all morning but again, I thought it was kinda funny. Maybe it's just my warped sense of humor. :insane:

Quote Originally Posted by orionsierra View Post
    Maybe it's me but I thought the comment was kinda funny. I think is was just a throwaway jab at the media in general and NST in particular. I just like the fact that they got the job done on thier terms. Drew Forrester bitched about it all morning but again, I thought it was kinda funny. Maybe it's just my warped sense of humor. :insane:
    I felt the same way. From a P.R perspective, he shouldn't have lumped the NST's of the world with "city of baltimore," but I think most true fans knew who he was referring to. I thought it was funny too, and NST proved him right by crying about it all day.

10. Re: OT: The O's

I agree with NST, 9 plus years of loosing is enough it is about time Angelos did the right thing.

Even with that being said, my guess the real and I mean real reason the deal got done was because Wieters didn't want to go back to College. How much improovement could Wieters do? If it wasn't for Boras, Wieters may not have been there when we drafted him anyway. Wieters wants to play ball now, I'm glad he signed and hopefully its a step in the right direction for the Orioles it would be nice to have 2 teams fighting for the Playoffs like the O's and the Colts did in the 70's.

PP

Wow, I hope I never sit next to you at a game. JOrdan's comment was not an undermining, backhanded stab at the owner. I read it as a subtle stab at Orioles fans everywhere who have that opinion of Angelos- and rightfully so- and he was making fun of it. You're taking it way too seriously.

With McPhail in tow-this signing- and Trembley getting the guys playing the right way, and yes, with heart- things are looking up.

By the way, I just left http://www.orioleshangout.com where I wrote about the Orioles- so why am I talking about them here- where I came to talk about the Ravens?? :)
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    Wow, I hope I never sit next to you at a game. JOrdan's comment was not an undermining, backhanded stab at the owner. I read it as a subtle stab at Orioles fans everywhere who have that opinion of Angelos- and rightfully so- and he was making fun of it. You're taking it way too seriously.

With McPhail in tow-this signing- and Trembley getting the guys playing the right way, and yes, with heart- things are looking up.

By the way, I just left http://www.orioleshangout.com where I wrote about the Orioles- so why am I talking about them here- where I came to talk about the Ravens?? :)
    Uh, I know it was a stab at Oriole fans everywhere.

And that's exactly my point. This team has shit on the fans for years and even when they make a move that looks like it could help, they manage to piss on the fans while doing it. Mr. Jordan either doesn't know how bad things have been and are or he doesn't care. Either way, take a jab at the fans that have endured what's quite possibley the worst run franchise in baseball isn't doesn't sit well at all with me.

Im taking it way too seriously? 10 straight losing seasons. You're damn right Im taking it seriously.

Maybe it's time the front office and the scouting department took it seriously.

PP