Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

Its actually posted in the other thead, where you chose to ignore it. I'm losing track of where I'm posting.

I like how you bolded one part where I blamed Bush, but failed to point out the fact that I think Obama was worthless. And "Gave him everything he wanted?" Please, that's far from the truth. Our Congress has been dysfunctional for YEARS, and yes, that extends into the Bush administration. Let me give you a quote by Mitch McConnell

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Its actually posted in the other thead, where you chose to ignore it. I'm losing track of where I'm posting.

I like how you bolded one part where I blamed Bush, but failed to point out the fact that I think Obama was worthless. And "Gave him everything he wanted?" Please, that's far from the truth. Our Congress has been dysfunctional for YEARS, and yes, that extends into the Bush administration. Let me give you a quote by Mitch McConnell

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
    Yup... criticizing one but not the other.

Any out rage over this?

"I understand there's a presidential election going on," Reid said this morning on the Senate floor. "I clearly understand that. We do what we can to protect the president of the United States. And I know there are efforts to protect their nominee."

EDIT: And I bolded where you blamed Bush, but your "criticism" of Obama was... "Obama hasn't done much useful either. But it hasn't helped that Congress has actively blocked everything he tried to do." So you slightly criticize him but then say well... it's really congresses fault.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yup... criticizing one but not the other.

Any out rage over this?

"I understand there's a presidential election going on," Reid said this morning on the Senate floor. "I clearly understand that. We do what we can to protect the president of the United States. And I know there are efforts to protect their nominee."

EDIT: And I bolded where you blamed Bush, but your "criticism" of Obama was... "Obama hasn't done much useful either. But it hasn't helped that Congress has actively blocked everything he tried to do." So you slightly criticize him but then say well... it's really congresses fault.
    It is the fault of Congress. Just like it was almost entirely the fault of Congress during the Bush administration. Just like it will always be since, the President's actual power is pretty limited when it comes to most policy decisions. Politics is no longer about doing whats right for the people, its doing whats right for your party.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    It is the fault of Congress. Just like it was almost entirely the fault of Congress during the Bush administration. Just like it will always be since, the President's actual power is pretty limited when it comes to most policy decisions. Politics is no longer about doing whats right for the people, its doing whats right for your party.
    Finally we agree. And that is where I blame Obama. Ask anyone on Capitol Hill and they'll say it's never been this divided (at least while they've been there).

Harry Reid has not brought for a vote almost any pieces of legislation, budget, proposals etc. from the House, not even up for debate.

Why to protect the President who at EVERY chance he's had to move to the center or compromise has stood his ground or even gone further left.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Why to protect the President who at EVERY chance he's had to move to the center or compromise has stood his ground or even gone further left.
    Thats one problem I have with Obama. No compromising whatsoever. Another promise from his campaign, to reach across party lines and get things accomplish, that he failed to live up to.

But its just not him. Everyone in Congress refuses to work with anyone on anything.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

UM, Boner caved in on compromises everytime like CAP N TRADE, THE BUDGET CUTS, and RAISING THE DEBT CEILING.

We knew this was gonna happen when he was 60 Mins and they
    called him the great compromiser and he smiled. The Right wanted
    trillions in cuts and he compromised to $33B or so.

That's called working with the other side - a little too much.

That's why he'll be out next time he runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    What I meant was that the young demographic never had such a huge turnout as they did in 08. Looks like there won't be a repeat performance this time around.
    Not just that, but a really surprising turn is that right now Romney is polling 41% of the 18-29 vote, at least according to Zogby. Obama gets just 49%.

Seems like finally the younger generation is learning what Liberalism is all about, and turning to Libertarianism. That almost always bodes well for the Conservative side.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Not just that, but a really surprising turn is that right now Romney is polling 41% of the 18-29 vote, at least according to Zogby. Obama gets just 49%.

Seems like finally the younger generation is learning what Liberalism is all about, and turning to Libertarianism. That almost always bodes well for the Conservative side.
    I wouldn't make that assumption just let. It's only mid August and still a long way to go before the election. Even if Romney is gaining ground with 18-29 year olds, they still have to show up to vote.

Also while I respect Zogby polls, their results are based on 1 day polling. Next month the story could be different.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I wouldn't make that assumption just let. It's only mid August and still a long way to go before the election. Even if Romney is gaining ground with 18-29 year olds, they still have to show up to vote.

Also while I respect Zogby polls, their results are based on 1 day polling. Next month the story could be different.
    I realize that. But it's hard to ignore that big of a swing though. Yes, they have to show up. But maybe being unemployed and miserable is enough to drive them to the polls to vote Romney.

In other news, Paul Ryan apparently is helping in Wisconsin more than we think. Latest Rasmussen poll now puts Romney in the lead there:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...+Government%29

Blog Entries

Although there is not a ton of separation, ya gotta love how low the number of votes BHO is receiving.

He is well below 50% in almost every poll, especially in swing states.