Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Does anybody seriously think Tyrod Taylor can be a quarterback in the NFL

I like the kid and I think he is very athletic. But he is NOT an NFL quarterback - and the Ravens are in SERIOUS trouble if Flacco ever goes down. I'm not sold on Painter - but Taylor will taken them back to the stone age if he ever gets the emergency call to fill in for Flacco.

Blog Entries

Re: Does anybody seriously think Tyrod Taylor can be a quarterback in the NFL

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

a back up? yes.

I dont think he was amazing last night but for a 2nd year 6th round QB i think he made enough throws. I do think he was trying to force some issues and make plays where there were none. Harbs had a convo with him when he took that shot at the endzone on 3/23 instead of dumping down and getting into field goal range. Thats little stuff he just needs to be aware of but i understand wanting to go for it in preseason as well. Im completely comfortable with him as our backup.

to answer your question with a question... what NFL team wouldnt be in trouble when their QB goes down?

He may not be able to make all the throws but his running ability adds a dynamic defenses have to respect too. Its a step down obviously but no different than just about every other team in the NFL.
    -JAB

It pains me to even think about Flacco not being back there, but if it came down to it, Painter coming in doesn't present the major change to the offense that Tyrod would. Also Tyrod is pretty young and doesn't have much game experience either and at least Painter started in the league, even it by default. That being said both backup QBs leave much to be desired, but I would like to see Painter get in the game earlier and let Tyrod play later and longer in the game to get reps.

So I guess the answer is that he's great as a backup quarterback as long as he doesn't have to play. That's a totally plausible position to hold as long as Joe keeps his Cal Ripken imersonation going.

Almost every team in the NFL is done if they lose their starting QB for the season. Tyrod Taylor (or anyone else) is not back there to replace Flacco for 8+ games.... They are back there to hold a lead if Flacco gets his bell rung in the 2nd half of a game or maybe go .500 if Joe goes down for a couple games...

Sure he can.

But FWIW...every team is screwed if their starting QB goes down.

Blog Entries

Painter lit up the sky last night with the scrubs. It's no wonder Caldwell pimped him.

I'd rather the Ravens keep him.

Blog Entries

painter was a starting QB last year and he was playing against fringe players when he looked the best. I dont see why hes getting love minus the fact he turned a bad performance from the starters into a W on paper. Tyrod played against the second team defense and looked average... thats all you can expect. no team has 2 starting quality QBs. Unproven youngs and past their prime Vets arent really in that category either. Hell some teams done even have one QB, i think we should just be happy for that.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    painter was a starting QB last year and he was playing against fringe players when he looked the best. I dont see why hes getting love minus the fact he turned a bad performance from the starters into a W on paper. Tyrod played against the second team defense and looked average... thats all you can expect. no team has 2 starting quality QBs. Unproven youngs and past their prime Vets arent really in that category either. Hell some teams done even have one QB, i think we should just be happy for that.
    I don't really get the love for Painter either.

We've all see what he does when he starts. He would have lead the Colts to an 0-16 season if he didn't get benched for...Dan Orlovsky.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Sure he can.

But FWIW...every team is screwed if their starting QB goes down.
    We watched the Texans make the playoffs behind their rookie 3rd string QB last year. TT is a smart guy. I hope he could rise to the occasion and take up his game but we'll never know until we're in that situation. Hopefully we'll never have to find out.

Most teams in the NFL are dead in the water when the number starter goes down. Except the elite teams, like Green Bay and New England that always have a plan. Tyrod Taylor is not an NFL QB and I seriously doubt if he ever will be.
    Section 103 Row 7