Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He wasn't brought in here to be a possession guy though. He was brought in here because they needed another speed guy to line up opposite of Torrey to clear out coverage underneath for Boldin, Dickson, Pitta, and Rice.

Make no mistake about it, this offense is still going to be run through Rice. That's how Cam runs his offense. Having two speed guys to take away the safeties and corners does a lot for opening up the underneath. All Jacoby has to do is catch one or two deep passes and make the defense pay attention to him.

I don't like his inconsistent hands either, but if he can open things up underneath for Boldin, the TE's, and Rice, then it will be a good thing.

So it's well documented that I (and the rest of you) are more imaginative than Cammie, but IF, however, we DO implement the no-huddle* then I would like to see a nice decoy package at some point with R2 lining up as the lone wide-out opposite a bunch formation, or more conventionally in the slot opposite Q. We actually saw this (i.e., R2 out wide in a 4 WR set) in PS'10.

*Hell I'm so confident that we will, I'm adopting the "NH" abbreviation already

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if you have a guy that can get behind the defense and they dont respect it and leave him open thats just asking for it. Even if he drops it once or twice theyll still have to respect it because if he does catch it, its a TD vs the underneath stuff hed be going after instead being less likely of scoring. Speed has to be respected regardless, especially with Joes arm.
    Agreed....and the NH would amplify this quite a bit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if you have a guy that can get behind the defense and they dont respect it and leave him open thats just asking for it. Even if he drops it once or twice theyll still have to respect it because if he does catch it, its a TD vs the underneath stuff hed be going after instead being less likely of scoring. Speed has to be respected regardless, especially with Joes arm.
    Speed also draws pass interference flags. Torrey Smith caused the most pass interference yards last season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Speed also draws pass interference flags. Torrey Smith caused the most pass interference yards last season.
    true, many ways you can be an effective part of the offense without even catching the ball.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Wicked actually brings up a good point. The kicker could have called timeout if he wanted to. Couldn't he?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Wicked actually brings up a good point. The kicker could have called timeout if he wanted to. Couldn't he?
    Any player on the field can call a timeout. Assistant coaches or players on the sidelines cannot call a timeout. Of course the head coach can call a timeout also.

Any player on the field can call a timeout. Assistant coaches or players on the sidelines cannot call a timeout. Of course the head coach can call a timeout also.
    Rex Ryan called an infamous one a few years ago that cost us the game against the Pats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Rex Ryan called an infamous one a few years ago that cost us the game against the Pats.
    Billick took the heat for him, to an extent, only for Rex to stab in the back that same season, as documented in Rex's book.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It was a recent rule change that assistants can't call timeouts now.

Blog Entries

It was a recent rule change that assistants can't call timeouts now.
    i dont believe it was legal than either... for some reason it was allowed and iirc it was another "refs out to get us" thread.
    -JAB