Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

AP Panel on Ravens

The AP puts together a panel of experts every season called the AP Pro32. This panel is made up of media guys and ranks every team in the league. What's interesting is that everyone isn't always on the same page. The Ravens average out to the #5 ranking. Alex Marvez seems to be the only one really different ranking the Ravens #17. Marvez seems to feel we have too much age at key spots. No one mentions Flacco at all with the exception of Chris Collinsworth and he seems to be a big fan. Check out the details from the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-pro3...4733--nfl.html

Blog Entries

Re: AP Panel on Ravens

My guess:

The national media will forever look at the ravens in a different light after watching 5th year flacco go up against mannings, romo, vick, rivers, etc. 2012 will be the year that the "smashmouth ravens" become "joe flaccos ravens".

Blog Entries

God I hate that "window is closing" crap. How long have the talking heads been saying that about the Ravens? Why do they all presume the team will wither away like a tumbleweed when Ray Lewis retires?
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Marvez is a genius. 17th? worse than over half the league because of an aging defense... steelers 11 because they have "returning vets" on defense. there goes your creditability. Besides Ed and Ray, where exactly are we old on defense at all?
    Last edited by JAB1985; 07-31-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    kirwin is a genius. 17th? worse than over half the league because of an aging defense... steelers 11 because they have "returning vets" on defense. there goes your creditability. Besides Ed and Ray, where exactly are we old on defense at all?
    Kirwin ranked us 6th. It's Marvez that has us 17th

17th...Hahhaha

What a complete idiot Jesus Christ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Kirwin ranked us 6th. It's Marvez that has us 17th
    sorry, my bad... meant marvez.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    17th...Hahhaha

What a complete idiot Jesus Christ.
    Yes, pretty clueless to rank us that low.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Blog Entries

Smile Re: AP Panel on Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    God I hate that "window is closing" crap. How long have the talking heads been saying that about the Ravens? Why do they all presume the team will wither away like a tumbleweed when Ray Lewis retires?
    Right, while it will be a sad day that Ray Lewis retires (albeit with his 2nd Super Bowl ring I hope), did he not miss 4 games in 2011 (?) Didn't the Ravens win all four of those games (?) Nobody can ever make up for his departure, but the Ravens do have a lot of young defensive talent to take up the slack. Here's my bet to Marvez : If the Ravens don't make the playoffs, and have the 17th best record, I'll give him $1,000.00. If the Ravens do make the playoffs or have the 16th best or better record, then he has to date my sister-in-law 4 Saturday nights in a row. Is that fair ? ... Bc

Funny how the window has been closing on Ray Lewis for four years now. I guess it's one of those wood-frame windows with flaking paint that got stuck on the way down
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Besides Ed and Ray, where exactly are we old on defense at all?
    This is such a common misperception with most of the media. Lewis and Reed are such cogs, and Suggs has been in the league for a long time too...it seems like our defense is really old. But it's not at all. Suggs is still in his 20s; Ngata, Webb and Smith are all coming stars and have years left to play. Lewis and Reed still have time to play effective football to find some new stars to replace them if they need to.

This defense may or may not be elite, but it's not going to be bad and isn't likely to be average unless a few more people beside Suggs get injured.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Funny how the window has been closing on Ray Lewis for four years now. I guess it's one of those wood-frame windows with flaking paint that got stuck on the way down
    That was a good one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2