Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: Bryant McKinnie - Not at 1st practice, Oher at LT for now.

RIW winning this ridiculous thread/reaction going away.

McKinnie is going nowhere the Ravens front office doesn't operate out of spite, they operate to get the most WINS. If you think that is with Oher at LT and McKinnie on the street you need your head examined.

What's

Important

NOW

is how the quote goes I think.

McKinnie is here and barring injury will be the starting LT, get over it like I am sure the team and FO has.

I do feel bad for Other in all this. He is stuck in the middle and being thrown around a bit. Yes, he is a pro and he handles it like one. But I still feel bad for him.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I do feel bad for Other in all this. He is stuck in the middle and being thrown around a bit. Yes, he is a pro and he handles it like one. But I still feel bad for him.

:word From right to left to right to left.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Actually Osemele is expected to be the RT if McKinnie is cut, not Yanda. Jah Reid will be in the mix too, you have to give the young players a chance at some point. I don't get why you think McKinnie was above average last season, he was clearly below average, especially as a run blocker, he was one of the worst run blocking LT's in the league. I will give you that at best he can be a slightly above average pass blocker. To me, there really isn't much between Oher at LT and McKinnie at LT. They give up just as many sacks, pressures etc. Oher has more upside, is younger, faster, in much better shape, and a much more hard working guy.

McKinnie was one of the worse culprits in the short distance run plays last year, he was consistently getting pushed out of the way by better pass rushers, and Oher is a much better run blocker.
    Oher didnt even play well at RT last year. Hes been down hill since his rookie year. if they played equally at LT thats a matter of opinion. I think his pass blocking was better and his run blocking was obviously worse as far as completing his blocks (that one play where Rice cut back and he was just standing there until rice ran into him to a dead halt comes to mind, not something youd ever see Oher do) but still adequate as far as NFL average. to me Ohers current ability is lower than McKinnie's floor which were pretty much witnessed last year. he was cut for being 400lbs before signing with us the week before the season. and even during the season didnt ever get below 365 from reports. Oher being in shape and working his ass off was still worse imo, and last year was arguably worse at RT than McKinnie was at LT. but as far as the line goes, i was basically saying even if they equal out, having McKinnie keep Flacco upright on passing down is worth it alone, let alone the fact that having to average Ts are better than one. Im all for giving the young guys a chance, but not right away. mid season, they got the playbook down, and out performing in practice, go for it. OL is not something you want to gamble on. collectively its the most important position in football.

this is why i hate getting caught up in speculatin. a lot of reports of him out partying and just not wanting to play or being out of shape are all seeming a little foolish. even if it is questionable, hes here and thats all that matters. This whole thing still just seems too eerily similar to Gaither. losing weight, back injury, not showing up, team overreacting and moving Oher to LT permanently to shape him up. they apparently really havent learned shit from their mistakes in the past and McKinne may or may not have either.
    -JAB

I'm sitting here catching up on the DVR with an old episode of Necessary Roughness, and I can't help but wonder if this isn't one of those cases where the real life story is stupidly simple given its importance. I'm actually betting that this whole stupid story about a fall and a sore back is actually true, and that McKinnie simply doesn't understand that the way he dealt with the situation was absolutely retarded. I mean, if that is true, how hard is it to go onto Twitter and simply say so? On the other hand, if Wilson is reporting that McKinnie is slimmer than his old 354 weight, it's hard to suspect that he's actually totally out of shape, and if he's not out of shape, then not reporting on time is a silly, silly thing to do...

Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    I'm sitting here catching up on the DVR with an old episode of Necessary Roughness, and I can't help but wonder if this isn't one of those cases where the real life story is stupidly simple given its importance. I'm actually betting that this whole stupid story about a fall and a sore back is actually true, and that McKinnie simply doesn't understand that the way he dealt with the situation was absolutely retarded. I mean, if that is true, how hard is it to go onto Twitter and simply say so? On the other hand, if Wilson is reporting that McKinnie is slimmer than his old 354 weight, it's hard to suspect that he's actually totally out of shape, and if he's not out of shape, then not reporting on time is a silly, silly thing to do...
    I'm sorry, but using Twitter to say you're hurt then not telling the team directly is not acceptable.

Try that one with your boss and see how far you get with that. I can see it now ....

Hey @Ravens, I won't b there 4 camp cause I messed up my back. Catch U Monday. #excusedabsence FTW

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm sorry, but using Twitter to say you're hurt then not telling the team directly is not acceptable.

Try that one with your boss and see how far you get with that. I can see it now ....

Hey @Ravens, I won't b there 4 camp cause I messed up my back. Catch U Monday. #excusedabsence FTW
    +1. He is lucky that the team is going to take him back and put him on the starting line after this.

We are not the only team with LT problems. Sitting here in my hotel room in Fla and watching the NFLN. they had Charger practice up and I do not see that familiar left tackle.

Gaither Out with Back Spasms...day to day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

I dont and I bet you he doesn't mind it. Makes for a great bargaining tool when it comes time to re-up that contract.

Ok, so the consensus seems to be that the Ravens are better off with McKinnie on the roster to create better depth. That said, who should he start at LT? Cast your vote HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Oher didnt even play well at RT last year. Hes been down hill since his rookie year. if they played equally at LT thats a matter of opinion. I think his pass blocking was better and his run blocking was obviously worse as far as completing his blocks (that one play where Rice cut back and he was just standing there until rice ran into him to a dead halt comes to mind, not something youd ever see Oher do) but still adequate as far as NFL average. to me Ohers current ability is lower than McKinnie's floor which were pretty much witnessed last year. he was cut for being 400lbs before signing with us the week before the season. and even during the season didnt ever get below 365 from reports. Oher being in shape and working his ass off was still worse imo, and last year was arguably worse at RT than McKinnie was at LT. but as far as the line goes, i was basically saying even if they equal out, having McKinnie keep Flacco upright on passing down is worth it alone, let alone the fact that having to average Ts are better than one. Im all for giving the young guys a chance, but not right away. mid season, they got the playbook down, and out performing in practice, go for it. OL is not something you want to gamble on. collectively its the most important position in football.

this is why i hate getting caught up in speculatin. a lot of reports of him out partying and just not wanting to play or being out of shape are all seeming a little foolish. even if it is questionable, hes here and thats all that matters. This whole thing still just seems too eerily similar to Gaither. losing weight, back injury, not showing up, team overreacting and moving Oher to LT permanently to shape him up. they apparently really havent learned shit from their mistakes in the past and McKinne may or may not have either.
    Well our disagreements between Oher and McKinnie aside, I agree with most of what you said. If Oher and McKinnie can be average, that's good enough IMO, we have two solid guards (one of them is arguably the best right guard in football) and a good veteren center who looks like he's in the best shape since being in Baltimore (don't know if you've seen pictures of Birk lately, but he looks like he's put some good weight on). But you have to remember, that this is the NFL. Turning up out of shape every training camp is inexcusable, and especially if you've already been cut from another team for doing the same thing.

What are the odds on McKinnie passing the conditions test today?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2