Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

McPhee, KO, Reid, D. Reed all start camp om PUP List

Thays probably why they are looking at Stienbach at guard. Anybody have any insight on these guys injuries? McPhee being hurt is pretty alarming.

Blog Entries

Re: McPhee, KO, Reid, D. Reed all start camp om PUP List

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Thays probably why they are looking at Stienbach at guard. Anybody have any insight on these guys injuries? McPhee being hurt is pretty alarming.
    KO has a thigh injury but apparently is still healthy enough to pass his conditioning test, McPhee has a knee injury which i believe he had scoped in the offseason, Reid i believe only sprained his knee but isnt considered serious, and David Reed is obviously recovering from his ACL but apparently is on schedule and doing well.
    -JAB

You don't make the club in the tub.

David Reed is half way out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You don't make the club in the tub.

David Reed is half way out the door.
    I know a lot of people feel the same way, but I actually think they'll keep him around until next year.

Being put on PUP now means that he'll likely start the season on PUP since his knee injury was in December. That'll give him 6 weeks into the regular season to work on recovering and delay any necessary decisions on him.

After those 6 weeks, they can activate him or keep him on PUP. IMO, if he's not ready or they don't need him, they'll keep him on PUP and thus have him around to compete for a spot in 2013 - when it will finally be fish or cut bait for him.

But, for this year, he's cheap and PUP allows them to stash him away for awhile in case they do end up needing him (either this year or next).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Prudence from a cautious organization that's already had one major injury to compensate for.

Also, as B-more Ravor notes, PUP could serve as a perfectly legal way to stash David Reed as a hedge against WR/KR injuries coming out of weeks 1-6.

Talk to me when they aren't on the field in 49 DAYS, you know when the season starts.

That is a full 7 weeks for those not good at math, plenty of time to get healthy. :)
    Last edited by TheJoeFlaccoShow; 07-24-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Both McPhee and KO passed their tests so obiv they are healthy enough to be running and doing some drills. while some players are put on PUP and dont take the condition test until after being removed from pup.

They are being cautious with a Rookie in KOs case and McPhee should be practicing soon. I dont believe any of them are near serious.

WNST ‏@WNST

Kelechi Osemele is dealing with some back spasms, which forced him to miss today's practice. #Ravens #Baltimore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    WNST ‏@WNST

Kelechi Osemele is dealing with some back spasms, which forced him to miss today's practice. #Ravens #Baltimore
    That doesnt sound very good to me. Sure it might not be serious, but who knows? Back injuries are tricky and tend to linger. This time 2 years ago Gaither was having back spasms and we've been looking for a LT ever since.

I would not be worried about KO, he was able to run and pass his test to the spasams cant be that bad. also, he had a thigh injury in OTAs that is part of the back so that could be acting up. He was also quoted saying that the team is bringing him back slowly.

if it were anything close to not good, he would not have been taking his condition test.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    I would not be worried about KO, he was able to run and pass his test to the spasams cant be that bad. also, he had a thigh injury in OTAs that is part of the back so that could be acting up. He was also quoted saying that the team is bringing him back slowly.

if it were anything close to not good, he would not have been taking his condition test.
    Yea, i agree.

I just read that Harbaugh told reporters after practice today that KO would be back to practice no later than thursday and he may be able to get out there on wednesday. So hopefully everything is fine and they are just being cautious. I tend to get nevous whenever i hear somebody was held out because of back problems.

Tony's first camp post in that thread stated the same, that Harbaugh said KO would be practicing this week.

Back spasms are no fun, I have had them before and am dealing with them now. Sometimes they are strong enough to take your breath away, and other times they just subside into near nothing.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello