Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Penn State Penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    So? How is that the measuring stick for whether or not it was a just ruling?

Your saying "common sense" as if this issue were as simple as '1+1=2' far from it. This ruling wasn't simply a result of objective necessity. Just the fact that a board met and discussed the ramifications says otherwise.
    Yes, it is complicated.

I was responding to strez' "Thank you for actually using reason and common sense," which I thought was out of line. I should have used a quote block, but I didn't. "Common sense" could have been used to support other outcomes, too, as you imply.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Penn State Penalties

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Yeah I get what they're saying, it just makes no sense. It wasn't swept under the rug. Investigations are supposed to stay silent. First, the person being investigated shouldn't know they are being investigated if it can be avoided, as it compromises the integrity of the investigations. Exception being if someone else is in danger and you need to get them out of danger, then it should be known. Once he's exonerated, reporting further on it should NOT be done.

And you're being way too idealistic. The DA you're talking about was FAR more likely killed.
    The elected small town DA wasn't making a lot of money and both Sandusky and Penn State have deep pockets. Sandusky was a very generous political donor via his charity, and if you think he and the DA, who's wife worked at Penn State didn't know each other...

Dude is enjoying a nice retirement courtesy of chester the child molester, who he hooked up with a get out of jail free card. I imagine the timing of his disappearance coincided with the Mcqueary investigation picking up steam.