Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Janoris Jenkins and the St. Louis Rams

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...noris-jenkins/

It took me a minute to figure out where to even begin with this one. At the end of the day. if you are going to try to go to these lengths to steer in a player, why would you draft him in the second round?

As usual, the comment section is funny.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Janoris Jenkins and the St. Louis Rams

Im not sure the team has the right to tell him what to do with his money, ala hiring an accountant. I would assume all these guys should have one but for a team to require it seems pretty odd. Obviously just trying to look out for the kid but why not do that with all of them? As far as the contract goes, I dont think splitting it up is that big of a deal, hes still getting the same amount, he just cant be an asshole and give them a reason to release him. Its almost like hes expecting not to be able to keep it together for 4 years.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im not sure the team has the right to tell him what to do with his money, ala hiring an accountant. I would assume all these guys should have one but for a team to require it seems pretty odd. Obviously just trying to look out for the kid but why not do that with all of them? As far as the contract goes, I dont think splitting it up is that big of a deal, hes still getting the same amount, he just cant be an asshole and give them a reason to release him. Its almost like hes expecting not to be able to keep it together for 4 years.
    Somewhere in the article, it stated that the Rams would only be on the hook for what bonus he has received, if he has issues leading to his release.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Somewhere in the article, it stated that the Rams would only be on the hook for what bonus he has received, if he has issues leading to his release.
    even if its up front they can fight for it back. Falcons sued Vick for it. As long as its not football related i think they have every right to get the signing bonus back, its just more time consuming.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

This move has inexperienced GM written all over it.

Blog Entries

This young troubled but talented man needs to come to Baltimore where he will learn a thing or two. What a dogshit organization the Rams are.

Blog Entries

This move has inexperienced GM written all over it.
    Jeff Fisher is an arrogant tool

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    even if its up front they can fight for it back. Falcons sued Vick for it. As long as its not football related i think they have every right to get the signing bonus back, its just more time consuming.
    Fighting for it and getting it are two FAR different things. A court can greant it, but that doesn't put spent money back in his bank account, nor does it make him get a good enough job outside of football or with another team in which he can pay it back. Don't ever count on the court system to actually get you yoru money back from a customer or business, 90 percent of the time it's a losing proposition.
    With 5 kids from 4 baby mama's this kid has almost no chance of stashing cash that could be re-couped.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jeff Fisher is an arrogant tool
    Who was probably bringing Greg Williams in for specific reasons.............

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Fighting for it and getting it are two FAR different things. A court can greant it, but that doesn't put spent money back in his bank account, nor does it make him get a good enough job outside of football or with another team in which he can pay it back. Don't ever count on the court system to actually get you yoru money back from a customer or business, 90 percent of the time it's a losing proposition.
    With 5 kids from 4 baby mama's this kid has almost no chance of stashing cash that could be re-couped.
    Im not doubting that, but at the same time, hell be paying them the rest of his life in that case, or i believe can be held in contempt of court, if not truly making an effort to do so? You cant just not pay a settlement. they do have to agree on a payment plan though or itll go right back to court. I still dont think its a big deal unless the guy plans on breaking the law still, which to me it sounds like he doesnt trust himself not to.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Who was probably bringing Greg Williams in for specific reasons.............
    Fisher and Williams go way back. Williams was never let go from the Titans. He left to become the head coach of the Bills. I'm sure that Fisher and Williams are of a like mind on how they want to coach.

I have zero problem with what the Rams are doing. In every aspect of business, higher risk equals lower up-front commitment, so I'm not sure an NFL contract would be different. I hope the Rams stick to their guns on this one.

I guess my only point of curiosity is if the Rams drafted him expecting to offer him this sort of contract, or if this was something that developed in the last three months as a result of seeing him starting to regress into the void-of-any-character person he was in his college days.