So, I don't know if any of you guys heard or got some of the storms that hit a few Friday's ago in the DC Metropolitan area, but they were pretty severe and left 10's of thousands of people without power and access to money and cell service for multiple days over a weekend when temps were topping 100 degrees. Emergency Rooms were flooded with heat related injuries and I know for a fact that several women went into early labor as a result of the heat exposure.

Now, I'm not really much of a conspiracy believer (we'll call me a skeliever or skeptical-believer), but this has raised some major red flags with me and some of my colleagues.

#1: This storm was referred to as a "durecho" system, which is essentially a term used to describe a storm system in which the winds are literally all going in 1 direction and the storm is a long system moving in a similar path. The winds were topping out at 80+ miles per hour (class 1 hurricane weather) with standard thunder, lightning, and even had bouts of hail up to 1/4" in diameter.

#2: This storm system hit Harrisonburg, VA nearly 2 hours before it hit Washington DC...yet no warnings were issued on the weather channels or online and up until about 30 min before (I was checking weather.com and wunderground.com) there was just a storm advisory, but nothing to the extent that this was going to do the damage that it did.

#3: This storm knocked out cell towers, power grids, and networks for multiple days. People were camped out in public areas like malls and grocery stores with their entire families because of the temperatures outside and no power at their houses (no AC). No businesses could use credit cards and were only accepting cash, but no ATM's in the immediate area and no banks in the immediate area were able to access people's accounts to retrieve money, so no one had available cash on hand.

#4: Cyber attacks and cyber threats have been a big debating point in the government for the better part of 2 years now and Obama even stated a few months ago to Congress that he was going to authorize a plan to shut down part of an electric grid in New York City to prove the potential for disaster of a cyber attack. Well, this wasnt NYC, but the time frame is right and it just so happens that this posed a pretty good proving point to the potential disaster and devastation for something as simple as a storm system knocking out cell towers, power grids, and banking networks.

Link for NYC Mock Cyber Attack: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...nate-bill.html

Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but it's all a little too convenient and I know you guys are all looking at me with my tin foil hat on, but seriously...think about it.

I mean, this storm system literally came out of nowhere and no one was ready for it.