Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where do the best Ravens fans reside?

Sure it's root, root, root for the home team but where do the best rooters of the Ravens reside?

Help us find out and cast your vote on Today's Poll
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Where do the best Ravens fans reside?

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Sure it's root, root, root for the home team but where do the best rooters of the Ravens reside?

Help us find out and cast your vote on Today's Poll
    San Diego obviously...

No Atlanta option?? For shame...ask Goob about us!
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 404Blackbird View Post
    No Atlanta option?? For shame...ask Goob about us!
    I'd have to go with NC.. where Goob setup a group :D

Blog Entries

I guess it's.... Other

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't like the idea of "greatest" or "best" fans. There are terrific Ravens Fans everywhere.

However, I'm of the humble opinion that Glen Burnire may well be the beating, thumping heart of Ravens Fandom! ;). A significant percentage of the population wears their Ravens gear pretty much year round. You can't talk with anybody round here without the Team coming up in the conversation. There are Ravens related events and activities every month of the year, largely because 18 of the 68 Ravens Roost fan clubs are located in Anne Arundel County or just across it's borders. I can go in any bar, bowling alley or even the darn Walmart and start a R-A-V-E-N-S Cheer with full confidence that at least some people will join in. Other areas, they'd probably just look at me like i was some kind of nut (not that they'd be wrong mind you ;))

I'm not saying the Fans around here are any better than any of the fantastic Fans in say, Baltimore, Harford, Carrol or Howeird counties - just that there is a serious density of rabid Fans in GB and surrounduiing environs - and you can see evidence of it every day.

And just a friendly reminder gents ... we are only 40 some odd days away from football!

GO RAVENS!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    I don't like the idea of "greatest" or "best" fans. There are terrific Ravens Fans everywhere.
    I am with you on that point! I really dislike comparing one's fandom.

I have attended all but two Ravens home games since the team arrived in 1996, plus many road games, exhibitions, scrimmages, bull roasts, Draft Days, etc. Spend a small fortune, devote every Sunday, and willing to do more each season. But ask me about who was drafted in round 4 of the 2011 draft: I will draw a blank -- I don't care. If he's wearing purple, I am behind him.

The guy running my local liquor store has never stepped foot in our stadium. Or even attended local events featuring Ravens players. But he can spout off who was our #4 WR in 1998, including his stats. And who threw which block last Sunday to spring Ray Rice for a five yard gain. This guy is fanatically nuts!

Who is the "better" fan?

Like I stated above: I don't care, and I don't like comparisons (Tony -- take note!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    However, I'm of the humble opinion that Glen Burnire may well be the beating, thumping heart of Ravens Fandom!
    I don't know how Glen Burnie fans compare to those from Bel Air or Westminster, but I would be surprised to see any better Ravens fan. I could always count on y'all to be in the midst of exciting pre-game activities. I didn't know half your names, but could always count on friendliness when strolling through your parties in Lot J or running into y'all inside the stadium.

We had an event in Annapolis in 2001 displaying the Lombardi Trophy, when we had the County Exec, the Mayor of Annapolis, several Ravens players, and David Modell at the podium, followed by individual photos of Ravens fans with David and the Trophy. Y'all came down en masse from Glen Burnie in busses to join in the celebration. Very impressive!

btw: It was a sad day when you all abandoned us in Lot J.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The UK, obviously.

DC. There are more of us Ravens fans here then the Post or Concast dare to admit.

Houston, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    DC. There are more of us Ravens fans here then the Post or Concast dare to admit.
    I've heard Redskins fans say that due to the Redskins losing and the Ravens winning in the past decade or so a lot of younger DC/PG fans lean towards rooting for the Purple and Black.

I would think that the best Raven fans are the ones at M&T on game day.
    That might be the residence that matters most...just saying... :ww: