Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Report: Saints Kept a Ledger Detailing Payments

I kind of figured that the league would start leaking their evidence once Vilma went on his crusade. Call this the first of many items that will be leaked to the media.

According to media outlets, the Saints have a detailed ledger on the payouts from their (alleged) bounty program.

One of the more disturbing details in the ledger, according to the report, is a payout of $1,000 to someone who took out a player and said player ended up on the IR.

Blog Entries

Re: Report: Saints Kept a Ledge Detailing Payments

I seen this earlier this morning. When will this end? Personally I think it's disgraceful that the players are disputing these punishments at all.
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 06-02-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Corrected a huge typo lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I seen this earlier this morning. When will this end? Personally I think it's disgraceful that the players are disputing these punishments at all.
    It's not going to end as long as players are suing and the NFLPA is trying to stop all the suspensions. Deny, deny, deny.....

Oof.

You don't get to "cross examine" or challenge the validity of evidence unless you are in court or otherwise have a right to do so.

How about just man up, admit what you did, and move on.

@#$!ing whiners.

I saw Magic Johnson and Larry Bird together on David Letterman last night. Watching that interview I was reminded just how pathetic many of today's athletes are, by the standard of the giants of yesterday.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

What gets me is that several of them blamed Williams as the guy forcing the system and now they're denying there was a bounty system at all. Can't have it both ways.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The shame...........
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The ledger doesn't match what happened in those games. The NFL may indeed have one, but the 2 leaks don't match up.

First it was the Bills game...when it was pointed out that there was only one offensive injury to the Bills (to an OT that got hurt diving for a loose ball), the "source" changed his story to the Panthers game. Again, only one offensive player hurt (Williams) but he came back into the game shortly after.

Was something going on in New Orleans...I think so, but the NFL is not doing itself any favors when just about every time there is a leak that supposedly supports their stance winds up just bringing up more questions to the NFL's credibility.

Blog Entries

I dunno.. maybe they got the games wrong but why is Vilma trying to sidestep this one too saying those names meant something else? He pretty much just confirmed there was a ledger

the person who kept the ledger, and knows that "the `whacks' and `cart-off,' though regrettably named, were descriptions of good, clean, legal plays, and that any dirty or penalized play resulted in fines."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I dunno.. maybe they got the games wrong but why is Vilma trying to sidestep this one too saying those names meant something else? He pretty much just confirmed there was a ledger

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
    Agreed.

Maybe the dates don't jive exactly but that doesn't mean they didn't keep a ledger detailing the program. At most, it means whomever kept it wasn't very competent.

The NFL is smart. They are going to leak this stuff one little piece at a time. Vilma brought this on himself.

Re: Report: Saints Kept a Ledger Detailing Payments

You guys are all right, as far as I'm concerned. If the commissioner's office was the source of the leak, it's dumb to have it connected to the wrong game.

On the other hand, it still looks bad, even connected to the wrong game, for Vilma and the Saints.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The ledger doesn't match what happened in those games. The NFL may indeed have one, but the 2 leaks don't match up.

First it was the Bills game...when it was pointed out that there was only one offensive injury to the Bills (to an OT that got hurt diving for a loose ball), the "source" changed his story to the Panthers game. Again, only one offensive player hurt (Williams) but he came back into the game shortly after.

Was something going on in New Orleans...I think so, but the NFL is not doing itself any favors when just about every time there is a leak that supposedly supports their stance winds up just bringing up more questions to the NFL's credibility.
    I agree. It appears that the best evidence that something was going is the evidence that I don't think the NFL had when it dropped the boom on the Saints, and thats the recording of Williams before the 49ers game.

There has to be something else. They reportedly warned the Saints to stop. They have to have had an informant and if that's true. We will never know exactly what the evidence was because the NFL has to protect the snitch.

Horrible word choice in "snitch", IMO.

Given that Williams already admitted it went down, I find it odd people still need "proof".

We have an admission from Williams and Loomis, now a detailed ledger.

What more do folks need?