Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McAdoo

Blog Entries

McAdoo

Apparently the kid has put on about 20lbs and is weighing around 265lbs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,4193856.story

Yes, the 6-foot-7, 265-pound defensive end is an interesting prospect who went undrafted a year ago after he got caught up in an academic cheating scandal at North Carolina

If this is true, then that's great. I was hoping he'd bump up to around 260-265. He has the frame to play in the high 260's/low 270's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: McAdoo

GREAT news. for some reason i have optimistic hopes for him, even Matt Vensel doesnt. He seems to be a natural pass rusher but was certainly lacking the build for the NFL. 265 is a good weight, as long as it was muscle and not bad weight, which im sure the team helped him with. Hes still probably a project, but he could be a diamond in the rough as a pass rusher.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Well, not to bust his balls too much, but Matt Vensel isn't what I would call a very well-informed columnist either. I mean, in that article he speculates that Kindle may not even make the team. While I think there is a slight chance that Kindle doesn't make the team, he's almost guaranteed a roster spot with Suggs' injury.

He openly admits in that article that other than McAdoo being involved in the academic scandal at UNC he doesn't know much about him at all.

Mcadoo is an interesting prospect. If we get any kind of contribution from him this year it would be an added bonus. We really need a committee of guys to step up and replace Suggs' production. I hope Kruger, Kindle and Upshaw are reading this.

Blog Entries

I think Dean Pees will build a solid LB unit. He's gotten some great results out of mediocre players (Tully Banta-Cain comes to mind), so I think he'll be able to develop some of these guys into good 3-4 OLB's.

Someone to keep an eye on is Albert McClellan. He was a DE at Marshall and played mostly ST's and a few games at ILB last year. He's built well (6'2" 255lbs) and has a good range. Good tackler too.

Kindle is the odd man out at this point, IMO.

He's quickly becoming Harbs version of Dan Cody. The team has been more than patient with him and it's time to shit or get off the pot. I would not be shocked in the least if Kindle gets whacked.

Looks like McAdoo gets it and I like seeing the hungry players try and rise to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

He's quickly becoming Harbs version of Dan Cody. The team has been more than patient with him and it's time to shit or get off the pot. I would not be shocked in the least if Kindle gets whacked.

Looks like McAdoo gets it and I like seeing the hungry players try and rise to the top.
    Before Suggs' injury I was giving Kindle a less than 10% chance of making the team. That percentage has to rise substantially now with our lack of depth at DE/OLB. Even if McAdoo makes the team and is able to contribute, I still think we would be carrying not less than 5 combined OLB (RUSH and SAM.) That would be Upshaw, Kruger, Kindle, McAdoo, and McClellan, not necessarily in that order. McAdoo looks like a candidate to play RUSH to me and he could conceivably be the top backup at that position if McClellan is splitting time from OLB/ILB and playing STs.

Bottom line, I see everybody at that position making the team. I also don't see Suggs playing a snap of football this year, TBH. In the unlikely event that he does, they'll find an excuse to put someone in the grouping on IR when he comes off the PUP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Apparently the kid has put on about 20lbs and is weighing around 265lbs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,4193856.story

If this is true, then that's great. I was hoping he'd bump up to around 260-265. He has the frame to play in the high 260's/low 270's.
    At that weight he has a very similar body to Chandler Jones. I thought the Ravens could do some very interesting thing with Jones on passing downs. Hope to see them do those same things with McAdoo.

Blog Entries

Encouraging.

Hard to know anything when a player is IR'd and out of any news media stream.
    Now sounds like we have a somewhat experienced rookie (and he is a rookie) who is bringing a NFL body into the mix.
    That is encouraging, means nothing but far more encouraging than the reports we got on Davon Drew when he first appeared. Just tells me he will be smack in the center of the fight for a roster spot.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Well, not to bust his balls too much, but Matt Vensel isn't what I would call a very well-informed columnist either.
    I don't care much for Mike Preston, and Preston has forgotten more about football then Vensel will ever know. One nice thing about the Sun going pay site is I no longer have to read his collection of half-thoughts about things he read on the internet.

Honestly, JAB1985, I'm more interested in your opinion than I am in Vensel's.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

We really will not know anything about Kindle, McAdoo and others until they get to training camp and maybe not even until pre-season games. The Suggs injury will basically mean that there is one OLB spot open for at least 6-8 games this year. It will be interesting to see who steps up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I dont think its fair to compare him to Cody. Cody couldnt get on the field due to injury. Kindle cant because he doesnt play special teams and when he missed that year, he got buried on the depth chart.

Not only do I think Kindle is almost a lock to make the team this year, I think hell actually be a solid contributor on 3rd down. If asked to do nothing but pass rush, he has that ability if nothing else. I am rooting for McAdoo as well but im not sure any get cut with the lack of depth we have. I could see a vet coming in after final cuts if we free up some space, in which case one of the two probably dont than, but that would only happen if one or both dont show something in TC anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Honestly, JAB1985, I'm more interested in your opinion than I am in Vensel's.
    Ill take that as a compliment.
    -JAB