not sure why the other one was shut down. Nothing worse than typing a response and submitting to "Thread Locked". I didn't see any name calling...not that we aren't all adults here but I digress. Alas...I remember the wild west days of the political forum where words were free and liberty was cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
Speaking as a bisexual male, it's sad to read some of the perspectives in this thread that still portray homosexuality as a pathology to be treated rather than a valid part of an individual's identity. I honestly hope some day that societies as a whole are able to move beyond this binary representation that does way more harm than good.
It's changing here in the states...slowly but is changing. The reaction to Obama's statement is very telling as to what this country believes. A couple years ago, you would have seen a stronger reaction against Obama. It would have been couched as a "war on marriage" and a "tearing of the social fabric" blah blah blah but really the only thing the conservatives are trying to stick to the wall here is that was some type of "political play" on Obama's part. There is a big difference in "war on marriage" and "political play". It speaks volumes on the increasing comfort that moderate America feels on gay relationships. The most ironic part of the whole "political play" talking point is that the connies then turn around and say how it will negatively affect Obama. How does that work????

That being said, there will always be the extreme side of the argument that see the devil's work in homosexuality and caste it as a pathology or a choice.