Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Pollard gets 3 year extension

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...ear-extension/

Good move

The Ravens really liked last year’s free-agent signing of Bernard Pollard.

So much so that one year into his contract, Baltimore is announcing a three-year extension with its starting strong safety.

“Bernard showed last year that he is a Raven. He’s smart, tough and brings a passion to the games, our practices and in the weight room,” General Manager Ozzie Newsome said Tuesday.

Added in early August last offseason, Pollard fit in seamlessly with the Ravens’ secondary opposite free safety Ed Reed.

Pollard, 27, played in all 16 games and started 13, recording 55 tackles, two sacks, three forced fumbles and one interception.

The seven-year veteran became a vocal leader and also spoke loudly with his pads.

“His physical presence on the back end is very important to the way we play defense,” Newsome said. “He has indicated since the first day he stepped into our building last training camp that he wanted to be a Raven for the long haul.”

The Ravens have two pieces of its secondary for the long-term now with Pollard and cornerback Lardarius Webb, who inked a five-year extension. Cornerback Cary Williams signed his tender Monday and the Ravens also have last year’s first-round pick, cornerback Jimmy Smith, suited up long-term.

Re: Pollard gets 3 year extension

Nice move! And I agree...Pollard is a Raven.

*In walks Ed Reed asking for more money.

Good move though, i really like the way Bernard plays. He compliments Ed so well, he is the definition of a strong safety. Plus he is a lot better in pass coverage than we were led to believe prior to his arrival.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    *In walks Ed Reed asking for more money.

Good move though, i really like the way Bernard plays. He compliments Ed so well, he is the definition of a strong safety. Plus he is a lot better in pass coverage than we were led to believe prior to his arrival.
    I'm telling you what man, as of late were 2 for 2 with these Houston castaways. I love it. Both Vonte and Bernard have made great impacts on our team in various ways. Here's to hoping Jacoby makes it 3 for 3.

Nice!! Keep locking em up this secondary is going to be stacked for the next few years.

I thought Pollard was older than that, good move and the contract ends right when he turns 30.

Good move. I remember being skeptical when we signed him last year (much like Jones now), but this was a case where a player simply fits better with another team (right situation). Hopefully the same thing will happen with Jacoby Jones. Pollard definitely plays like a Raven!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Nice!! Keep locking em up this secondary is going to be stacked for the next few years.

I thought Pollard was older than that, good move and the contract ends right when he turns 30.
    I thought it was just me, but Pollard seemed older than 27

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I thought it was just me, but Pollard seemed older than 27
    He's been playing since forever. He entered the league young.

He's a 7 year vet.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Good move. Ravens have been pretty busy today. Agreed with three of the rookies as well.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Good solid move

Pollard is a true Raven and he seems very happy here

Yeah, I also thought he was older then 27, he's been around for years and years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Good solid move
    Pollard is a true Raven and he seems very happy here
    Yeah, I also thought he was older then 27, he's been around for years and years
    I agree, and we didn't have to spend a draft choice (like we did with Evans) to get him... Bc

Outstanding, he's my new favorite Raven.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.