Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Anyone know how the contract is set up? Seems a lot of people are complaining about that and we don't know. Could be set up where he makes a mil or so this year and the rest next, which gives the opportunity to release or extend him?
    This is the only post in this thread with a shred of sense to it.

I will wait to see the structure of the deal before having an opinion one way or the other. 2 years / $7 Million is the deal as reported BY THE PLAYER'S AGENT. If there is a sizable roster bonus in early 2013, or $5+ million in base salary in the 2nd year, then this is a nice signing for a player to compete with the youngsters for the 3rd / 4th WR spot, and handle kickoff return duties.

I believe Asa Jackson will be the punt returner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Someone gets it!

This is a special teams move because they SUCKED last year and we damn sure aren't putting Webb back there anymore.
    for 7mil though???

3. Re: Ravens sign Jacoby Jones

I say we let it play out before we lose our wigs on this signing.

I know I've scratched my head in the offseason about a lot of signings and ended up loving it by the end of the season.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    I say we let it play out before we lose our wigs on this signing.

I know I've scratched my head in the offseason about a lot of signings and ended up loving it by the end of the season.
    bro i hope you are right.

Laquan Williams proved that he can be a #3 WR? Because Doss did well in the preseason that means that he can do it (I don't want to discount the preseason, but the preseason is a graveyard of players who play well against guys that will be driving beer trucks after cutdown day...remember Nate Bolling...Demetrius Williams?)?

Look, I get that he isn't a good WR...but I think the "well, we don't let any WR's develop" argument is bull...and precisely why we are constantly in need of WR's. One would think that if we are just holding back talented players, those castoffs would catch on somewhere else at least be competent with another team.

Laquan Williams has not shown anything, Tandon Doss has not shown anything, Tommy Streeter has not shown anything and David Reed has not shown anything (other being a solid KR who is coming off a significant knee injury and may not be the same guy).

It's baffling to me when we have to rely on any other unproven guy at just about any other position, people are so hesitant to put trust in the replacement, but at WR, it's always "well we didn't let so and so develop".

And let's not forget that there are no other proven KR/PR on this roster that we don't want to expose to injury...David Reed is not a sure thing to be what he was...especially after year one of the torn ACL...remember Ladarius took 2 years to get back to where he was.

Give it a chance...

I guess I'm in the minority but I love this move. I've been a Jacoby Jones fan for about 3 years now, although I no longer think he will make the jump to stardom I was hoping for after his strong run at the end of 2009. He's still an excellent return man who can be an occasional deep threat in 3-WR sets, plus his athleticism allows for some creativity (i.e. gadget plays) if they decide to go down that road again.

Blog Entries

People, he will not make $7 m dollars. Wait for the contract terms to be released. Most of it is probably in escalators or incentives. He will probably really count for about $1 m.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority but I love this move. I've been a Jacoby Jones fan for about 3 years now, although I no longer think he will make the jump to stardom I was hoping for after his strong run at the end of 2009. He's still an excellent return man who can be an occasional deep threat in 3-WR sets, plus his athleticism allows for some creativity (i.e. gadget plays) if they decide to go down that road again.
    lol a 7mil end around

Blog Entries

Knowing this FO they love paying for cheap when it comes to this offense so im sure he wont make 7mil, but fuck we could have used this money for something that actually counts

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    People, he will not make $7 m dollars. Wait for the contract terms to be released. Most of it is probably in escalators or incentives. He will probably really count for about $1 m.
    I agree with that too...people freaked out when they heard Matt Birks contract...when in reality, it was a 1 year $3 million deal that only had extra years on it to lower the cap hit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Yep.
    As others have said, wait for the terms.
    First thing I want to hear is "is any of it guarenteed?"
    If yes, tells us one thing, if nothing is guarenteed, then we may have a cheap one year rental.
    Second, how incentive heavy?
    If we hear a 2 million roster bonus next march, then we will view things differently....
    just gotta wait until the numbers come out, and that probably won't happen until a signed contract is league approved.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol a 7mil end around
    If you want to look at it as $7M for trick plays and $0 for special teams plays and receptions, then yes.