Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    They were scared. Williams for sure should have got a shot last year. We had no return game last year. How could he done any worse?

The coaches didnt want to have a rookie back there returing punts and kicks. The ravens would rather have a safety return punts than a WR. Which made no sense last year.
    I think they tried LQ out and he fumbled a couple of times.

He averaged about 22 yards per kick return (5/109 yards).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

LaQuan never returned punts at Maryland. Doubt Ravens wanted him to do that audition in the Pro's.

3. Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think they tried LQ out and he fumbled a couple of times.

He averaged about 22 yards per kick return (5/109 yards).
    I dont recall them giving Williams a lot of chances. He only had one put return last year for zero yards. 5 kick returns is not a lot for a rookie. He fumbled once but our primary returner D. Reed fumble twice in one game. So i think he should be in the mix this year for that position. He was a returner in college so why cant he do it in the NFL? He's been doing it for a long time so i think i know what he is doing. Those rookie excuses should be out the window this year.

4. Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    LaQuan never returned punts at Maryland. Doubt Ravens wanted him to do that audition in the Pro's.
    This is what practice and preseason is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Domestic abuse. Got in fight with a female, but since her father was a Bama fan alumn/booster charges were dropped.
    The girl father allowed a big ass lb to beat his daugther ass for the sake of football? I been trying to find this STORY but can not so if you do not mind can you post the link please. If that is truly what happen then the father needs his as kicked.

OH, hell no to Jacobs, he lined up across one of the best Wide reciever in the game and put up sub par numbers for 5 year. He is not that good of a returner to warrant a spot on the 53 roster just to be on ST
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

I'm still a bit traumatized by the Evans and Housh drops. Both guys were brought in as one year rentals to essentially fill the role that Jones would. Both were far better, more accomplished receivers with reputations of having reliable hands and they failed us in the biggest spots. I can only imagine the impending carnage from Jones.

I'll pass.

Also, mark my words.....if we truly want to add one....we will be able to get a WR of Jones quality or better at a later point of this season for less money than we would pay him now. There will be better values out there come August, assuming it's a need we are really even interesting in filling.

Blog Entries

Jones is a strange player. He seems to have a lot of potential. Whenever he gets a chance to really prove himself he flops. I don't know if he just can't handle the pressure or is overrated because of a handful of terrific plays. Whatever the reason he's not for us.

Rather have Jabar.

Boulder,

I believed that Wicked was referring to the mental toughness aspect of the Ravens personae. That trait is critical in our division. Can you say, with confidence, that Jacoby Jones has that mental toughness?

10. Re: Would Jacoby Jones Be a Good Fit With Ravens?

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    Boulder,

I believed that Wicked was referring to the mental toughness aspect of the Ravens personae. That trait is critical in our division. Can you say, with confidence, that Jacoby Jones has that mental toughness?
    How can you determine if a guy has mental toughness?

Is Billy Cundiff mentally tough? What about Cam Cameron? Tandon Doss? Lee Evans? What about David Reed? he's been a Raven for about 3yrs...so he has to be mentally tough right?..because he is a Raven.

If Jacoby Jones signed with the Ravens they would ask him to do a specific job like everybody else. More than likely return punts and kickoffs. To determine if a guy is mentally tough is hard to do without knowing someone personally.

I know its mentally tough for people to get in the physical shape Jacoby Jones is in. Even though people have two legs just like him. As long as Jacoby Jones can put on pads and run on Sundays without puking or pissing himself i will go out on a limb and say he is mentally tough.

The mental toughness of a person is often assigned by others. If others perceived that the said person lacks a mental toughness, the person's mental toughness will be called into question. Additionally, being mentally tough, in my opinion, is more than putting your pads on or whatsoever. It is how far you are willing to push the limit. Mistakes are make here in there, but it is how well you rebound from those mistakes that define your mental toughness.

I was merely reinforcing Wicked's point. If I made a mistake in that process, please do correct me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman View Post
    How can you determine if a guy has mental toughness?
    By watching the way that they play. You don't see Anquan Boldin get alligator arms when he goes over the middle of the field. You also don't see him half-assing blocks because he doesn't want to get dirty. Boldin has had his fair share of drops and it's been a big disappointment, but no one can question his toughness. Jacoby Jones has never displayed that kind of physical or mental toughness in his 5 year career. What makes anyone think he could come to Baltimore and be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by mommathurgoesthatman
    Is Billy Cundiff mentally tough? What about Cam Cameron? Tandon Doss? Lee Evans? What about David Reed? he's been a Raven for about 3yrs...so he has to be mentally tough right?..because he is a Raven.
    Cundiff - not really. He obviously doesn't do that well with pressure.
    Cam - he's a coach...who cares? He's not on the field potentially going over the middle for a pass and getting steamrolled by Ryan Clark.
    Doss - don't know yet.
    D. Reed - nope, but he also obviously doesn't have an NFL body that can handle NFL hits.

If Jacoby Jones signed with the Ravens they would ask him to do a specific job like everybody else. More than likely return punts and kickoffs. To determine if a guy is mentally tough is hard to do without knowing someone personally.
    No, it's not. Just watch him play. He practically does everything he can do in order to avoid contact. He wants all the glory without the hard work, IMO and I think that you can determine that from the way that he plays on the field. The Ravens wouldn't be spending the money it would take to sign him (something that you guys don't ever seem to grasp when it comes to free agents) just for him to come here and be a kick/punt returner. It's just not worth it when you have arguably 3-5 players already under contract who can perform the same functions and not cost nearly as much.

I know its mentally tough for people to get in the physical shape Jacoby Jones is in. Even though people have two legs just like him. As long as Jacoby Jones can put on pads and run on Sundays without puking or pissing himself i will go out on a limb and say he is mentally tough.
    This doesn't make any sense at all.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.