Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jabar Gaffney released

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...jabar-gaffney/

Gaffney was Washington’s leading receiver last season, but the acquisitions of Pierre Garçon and Josh Morgan as free agents helped push him out the door. With Santana Moss still around and Leonard Hankerson on the way back from a hip injury, Gaffney just didn’t have a spot on a suddenly crowded wide receiver depth chart in Washington. It probably didn’t help that Gaffney had a strange little rant on Twitter last month, but the writing was probably on the wall before that ever happened.

Gaffney shouldn’t have too hard a time finding a new job. He’s had 54, 65 and 68 catches in the last three seasons for the Broncos and Redskins and that kind of production will interest several teams. A reunion with the Patriots was thought to be a possibility earlier in the offseason, but they may be looking elsewhere after addressing the position earlier this offseason.
    -He already lives close

-Won't cost anything

-Coming off a few very productive seasons despite horrendous QB play

DEN

16 54 732 13.6 49 2 36 0 0

DEN

16 65 875 13.5 50 2 42 1 0

WSH

16 68 947 13.9 45 5

Re: Jabar Gaffney released

The Ravens have a young group of receivers behind Boldin and Smith that they need to develop (Doss, Williams, possibly Streeter, etc). Signing Gaffney would just take practice and game reps away from them. Pass.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

You may as well do it if he comes cheap. I'm not 100 % sold that any of our younger receivers are ready yet.

He would be a good addition. Their will be ALOT of players released for cap reasons after the draft. Ozzie mentioned that in the press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You may as well do it if he comes cheap. I'm not 100 % sold that any of our younger receivers are ready yet.
    Combined career receptions of said younger receivers.....4 rec 43 yards.

Gaffney could take what was Reed's spot last year, and if the young guys prove they are better good for them. If not we have a seasoned veteran as our 3rd WR who could step in on the outside if someone gets hurt, which we don't have right now.

Anyone want to think what our WR core will look like if Boldin or Smith go down? Not pretty.

I don't mind the player, but with everyone active and either healthy or healing, I don't see the need to acquire anyone else at this point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post

Gaffney could take what was Reed's spot last year, and if the young guys prove they are better good for them. If not we have a seasoned veteran as our 3rd WR who could step in on the outside if someone gets hurt, which we don't have right now.

Anyone want to think what our WR core will look like if Boldin or Smith go down? Not pretty.
    Agreed. I'd give him a look-see and let him compete for a roster spot. What's the worse that can happen? Tandon Doss or someone beats him out for the #3 roster spot and then - oh no! - we have a proven vet possession receiver on the roster?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post

Fair argument. I just happen to be a "trust-your-process, give-your-talent-a-fair-chance-to-perform" kinda guy.

If it was now late August and Doss/Streeter have been suckin' all camp then I'd demand Gaffney's signing.

Am I the only one that saw his twitter tirade around a month ago?
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Am I the only one that saw his twitter tirade around a month ago?
    I saw him put up almost a 1,000 yards and 5TD last year with 2 of the worst QB's to ever step on a football field.

Could care less what he thinks about his Ex wife or Lito Shepard on twitter.

Blog Entries

So people don't want this guy in Baltimore because of some twitter drama? Wow what is this world coming to.

Blog Entries

I'd be too scared that he would be the next free agent signing to drop a big ball in a big situation.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"