Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

This is going to be really interesting/fun to watch

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eyton-or-vick/

Kirk Cousins is going to get really restless and annoyed in a situation where he'll never be able to truly compete for the #1 spot. The Redskins created a QB controversy and uneasiness between Cousins and RGIII when they didn't have to at all.

Even with all of the other dumb moves in the draft, I think this may be potentially the dumbest move. They could have waited until and taken BJ Coleman, Chandler Harnish, or Ryan Lindley. They could have also signed Derron Thomas or someone else as a UDFA or kept Beck.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: This is going to be really interesting/fun to watch

Yeah when you really break it down they dont have the luxury as a team to take a QB in the 1st and 4th round. The regime needs to ya know...make the postseason once. I could see if he was an overwhelming 1st round talent that fell but he was probably a 3rd prospect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Yeah when you really break it down they dont have the luxury as a team to take a QB in the 1st and 4th round. The regime needs to ya know...make the postseason once. I could see if he was an overwhelming 1st round talent that fell but he was probably a 3rd prospect.
    Because if RGIII stinks the fans are going to boo him and chant for Cousins.

There is enough pressure on a 1st round rookie QB who is GOING to start...this was an unnecessary pressure. It's almost like they did it to fuck with RGIII.

Nobody ever said the Redskins are SMART. It does however fit nicely with the inside the DC beltway philosophy of playing everybody off against everybody else.

Blog Entries

The Redskins got caught up in the BPA. They saw a player they really liked and just couldn't pass him by. I agree though that was not a good idea. They were much better off with Grossman and another vet. You don't invest that many draft picks into 1 player and then expect him to earn the job over a mid round rookie.

Blog Entries

They could have taken Phillip Blake, Nigel Bradham, Joe Adams, alameda Ta'amu, Bobby Massie, Brandon Boykin, Ron Brooks...

I don't know. Cousins could turn out to be a very good pro-QB.

I just think QB's are already kind of paranoid by nature, so to knowingly increase said paranoia is just wrong, IMO.

The redskins draft history speak for itself but I read that he was drafted to be a back to RG3. I know he is pissed knowing he will ever get a chance to compete for the staring job unless RG3 gets hurt. He can look at it as a time to learn how to be a pro QB so when he becomes a free agent he will have a chance to start for another team like Flynn or Cassel.
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

I'm on the opposite side.

This potentially gives the Skins trade value 2-3 years down the road. I believe RG3 is the real deal and having a backup learn under RG3 gives the Skins trade options down the road once he's more seasoned.

And in the off chance RG3 is a bust, he's a serviceable QB even if he's raw.

This is departure from the Skins we all know from the past. Bruce Allan has a done good job moving the team from a FA heavy team to a more of a rely on the draft type of team.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm on the opposite side.

This potentially gives the Skins trade value 2-3 years down the road. I believe RG3 is the real deal and having a backup learn under RG3 gives the Skins trade options down the road once he's more seasoned.

And in the off chance RG3 is a bust, he's a serviceable QB even if he's raw.

This is departure from the Skins we all know from the past. Bruce Allan has a done good job moving the team from a FA heavy team to a more of a rely on the draft type of team.
    I was thinking this too but I wonder when Cousins is going to get the opportunity to prove himself. I don't see the Redskins being in many games this year and next where they can afford to sit RG3 and let Cousins play like the Packer were able to do with Aaron Rodgers/Matt Flynn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because if RGIII stinks the fans are going to boo him and chant for Cousins.

There is enough pressure on a 1st round rookie QB who is GOING to start...this was an unnecessary pressure. It's almost like they did it to fuck with RGIII.
    It almost makes you wonder how sold they are on RGIII. Counsins seems like a backup plan. Lets grab two guys at the same position and see if one sticks.

I know people are going to argue that you don't give up what they gave up to get RGIII if your not sold and for any other team that might be true. This is the Redskins, everything they do is to generate buzz and be splashy.

Blog Entries

Trying to find a way to justify the pick and can't do it. Even if they are worried about Griffin getting hurt due to the way he is projected to play QB, they have to go with a vet in that situation. Someone said and I agree that there is no good outcome to Cousins seeing the field for the Slurs. It means Griffin is either awful or that he's hurt, and neither is a good thing for them. They need contributors and drafting a clipboard holder with a pick that could still net a solid player is just...baffling. Slurs are not in position to draft a player who may have value in draft picks to another team 3-4 years down the road - a player that, to get that value, would need to play, and again, him playing is not good for the Slurs.

There is immediate value as well. Suppose one of the mid level QBs from the draft is a total flame out, teams are going to panic and will try and get someone quick.